The Woodworking Shows going away?

Page 2 of 2
The woodworking show used to be in West Springfield MA and pulled out because of a conflict. When they left they were doing very well. Now the http://www.woodworksevents.com/ group is running a show and seems to be doing well. I personally like this new groups show better. That with the Providence Furniture Show mentioned and the every two years Hartford show ( more geared for Comercial shops) coming up this Spring makes me think shows are doing well.All three of these seem very well attended and growing. Maybe shows are off in some places but not New England.just like sports teams.
"Yeah these pizza-in-a-cup guys put those cup-o-pizza guys right out of business"
Anyone know that reference?

Thank you, Henry. I hadn't checked that one. Signed up for Frank Klausz's seminar. Never met the guy. :-) Schaumberg is two or three hours away but it'll get me out of the house on a winter's day.
Now all I have to do is decide whether I want to leave about 4AM or spend Chicago prices on a room. That's money I could spend on power tools... or a new plane...

So far, so good.

Tell that last part to Enron's shareholders!! <g>

Jane & David wrote:

I can understand why. They had a show in Buffalo, NY this past weekend. If I hadn't received a postcard (I'm on their mailing list from previous year(s) attendance) informing me of the show I would not have known the show was here. I did not see one newspaper ad for the show nor was there any radio/TV advertisement.
Two year ago the major vendors boycotted the show. I was told by one of the vendors it was due to lack of the show's promotion. Last year's show had few vendors. This year it was even smaller. Why should the vendors participate if "The Woodworking Shows" fail to advertise?
Homier has a show coming up this weekend in Hamburg, NY (same place as The Woodworking Show). At least they had a four page color ad in the local paper.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA