The Woodworking Shows

I see that The Woodworking Shows is offeringpaid ($50) "educational seminars" this year in addition to free ones. That includes admission to the show. By the way, you can get a $2 discount on admission to the show by purchasing your ticket online using the code MAPLE(it was in the latest issue of FWW).

If anyone has attended one of these educational seminars already, maybe they are willing to comment on how it went?

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Bill wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news4.newsguy.com:

That used to be a regular feature at the WWS up until about six or seven years ago. I attended one of those seminars in about 2004 at the Indianapolis show, on making cabinets, taught by Marc Adams, and found it to be tremendously useful. Adams is a very good teacher.

Reply to
Doug Miller

I remember now some advise that I got from teacher(in the music field)--to pay for lessons which would help (me to) accomplish a specific need/goal, rather than more "general" techniques. That was assuming one was willing to "read", to keep expanding one's horizons. Of course, besides its practical value, it's hard to argue that part of a seminar like this is it's entertainment value. Even the local instrument store, which gives music lessons, explained to me that they are in the "edu-tainment" business. He said that people who want to learn "advanced" music theory go take it in college. College, here, may equate to the Marc Adams School of Woodworking...or others. I only mention that school since it's less than 20 miles from me.

Reply to
Bill