the Verge: "These are the carpenters turning wood into gold"

These are the carpenters turning wood into gold Miniot proves that a family of artisans can thrive in a world of plastic

It smells like sawdust. I'm in the middle of a residential street just outside of Amsterdam, yet the nostalgic whiff of high-school woodshop is unmistakable. I'm looking for the factory that makes Miniot's expertly crafted wooden iPhone and iPad cases ? but there isn't one. Instead, at my destination stands a large but otherwise unremarkable family home, indistinguishable from its neighbors. No signs, just the sweet earthy scent of freshly cut lumber.

[...]

It's like wood jewelry.

Elijah

------ and fine work in more than one sense of "fine"