The TV cabinet/Mantel id done!

About one day shy of 4 weeks from buying the materials and I am ready to deliver.
End view of the bottom cabinet. https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/23110452859/in/dateposted-public/
End view + a little bit more https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/23110452859/in/dateposted-public/
The top mantel, the doors swing UP to open. https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/23395926901/in/dateposted-public/
Full front views. https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/23395922461/in/dateposted-public/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/22851280133/in/dateposted-public/
The bottom cabinet has 2 full extension soft close drawers and the center door has a fabric center panel. The fabric will hide the equipment and let the IR light penetrate.
Thoughts?
Fun project, even fun to stain as mahogany works well with stain.
On 12/2/2015 5:23 PM, Leon wrote:

Very nice... As I went through the photos, flickr inserted an ad of some sort featuring a nice assortment of bundled USC. My hope is that a substantial portion of that money was yours from this commission!<g>

Thank you. No the only money I get is when I deliver the piece.
On 12/2/15 5:23 PM, Leon wrote:

Maybe one day you'll get good at this woodworking thing, kid. :-p
--

-MIKE-

On 12/2/2015 6:00 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

I sure hope so. LOL
On 12/2/2015 6:23 PM, Leon wrote:

Nice. A good latex paint will really make it look great. I'd go with a light blue and dark blue highlights. That'll increase the value too. .
On 12/2/2015 6:02 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Perhaps but I have about a 1/2 gallon on mint green left over from the previous cabinets that I built for my wife.
On 12/2/2015 5:23 PM, Leon wrote:

You suck!

Beautiful, per usual. Another stellar project for the archives.
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On 12/2/2015 6:52 PM, Swingman wrote:

Thank you , partner. :~O
Looks like another perfect job to me. You continue to surprise me with your flexibility in design, as this project (to me) has a great deal more "craftsman" or "Stickley-ish" influences than normal.
Proof again, you aren't just another pretty face in the crowd.
=8^0 !!!
Great job. On this one though, I think it deserves a follow up with it placed and in use. I for one would like to see that.
Robert

Thank you Robert!
I plan on taking pictures and with the TV in place. Delivery Saturday morning.