Warped Mantel

Hi all. I picked up an Edwardian (style) fire surround. probably manufactured in the 30/40's But the mantel is warped..along a diagonal line. Its about 1.3m long and 12mm thick. Got any advice on how to straighten it?

Arthur.

Reply to
Arthur

Half inch wood should be elementary. Something that thin wont hold its position whatever you do, and needs to be held in place, so presumably a couple of right angle fixing brackets are called for. They should keep it still.

This sounds so simple I wonder if I'm missing just what the problem is here.

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton