The Pointy Stick Compendium Project Has Moved To A New Server

Due to a "miscommunication" with Comcast - what a surprise!

- The Pointy Stick Compendium Project, along with the rest of my woodworking site, VANISHED.

Knowing how valuable this resource is to Pointy Stick enthusiasts throughout the world, the staff of The Pointy Stick Compendium Project made recovering from this disaster their highest priority and went into 24-7 mode, sparing no expense or effort to put The Pointy Stick Compendium Project informatin back on line. (OK, so there is no staff, took a few phone calls, less than 15 minutes to upload and another $10 a month to move my entire site to another ISP's server).

Ladies and Gentlemen! (drum roll please) Boys and Girls! (and anyone else not covered by the above) I give you! (trumpets please) (pause for dramatic effect) : : : The New! : And Improved! (actually it hasn't changed at all) : The One! : The Only! (pause for dramatic effect) (drums rising to a crescendo) : POINTY STICK COMPENDIUM PROJECT! URL! (velvet curtains open slowly) (trumpets blare and a cymbal crashes) :

: (rolling applaus, wild cheering, hats thrown in the air - etc.) (fine print read at 2000 words per minute "all rights reserved, void where prohibited by law, your mileage may vary, consult with your physician before taking in TPSCP, TPSCP makes no claims as to the accuracy or applicability of any of the inform ation contained within, read all instuctions carefully before use, - and - please wear these (taps on rim of glasses) - safety glasses"_

charlie b Executive Director The Pointy Stick Compendium Project, Inc., LLC, Ltd., S.A.

ps - If you have any Pointy Stick ideas or have a pointy stick about which you need information, instructions on use, etc., please drop me a line snipped-for-privacy@accesscom.com (that's two "com"s with a DOT between them)

Reply to
charlie b

So comcast lost your webpage.

Was this due to incompetence, censorship or alien abduction?

Reply to
Lee Michaels

It has been a while since my last attempts at making pointy sticks (last spring when planting tomatoes - is this an acceptable use of shop made pointy sticks, I didn't see anything about these important items in the compendium). Thanks for the refresher, I may try to make one of your jigs for next year. I am sure that my tomatoes will grow larger and stronger if I only were to use better pointy sticks for them.

Dave Hall

Reply to
Dave Hall

Not exactly. I just wanted them to take their cable modem back and leave my web site alone. I no longer needed their internet access - but still wanted to use their server for my woodworking site. Apparently that's not an option with Comcast. There was no way I was going to spend hours on the phone working my way through their phone tree to finally get some guy in India that I would have difficulty understanding and couldn't do anything to fix the problem anyway. PLUS - $10 a month is better than $39.95!

Yes, no, yes

Dave wrote:

TAKE PICTURES, MAKE DRAWINGS (preferably scaled drawings) AND NOTES, PLENTY OF NOTES! Any useful addition to The Pointy Stick Compendium Project will be appreciated.

You did notice that in the contributed pointy sticks design section, Tom Plamann was kind enough to participate, providing a scaled drawing of his typical quality of work (if "typical" can in anyway be used to describe him or his work)

charlie b

Reply to
charlie b

Those who do a great service are often ignored.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your service to humanity (insofar as dorkers can be considered part of same).

You are a rare blessing on the boil of the ass of reality.

Regards,

Tom Watson

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

Tom Watson

Good stuff Charlie. I'm surprised nobody has yet mentioned the prince of pointy sticks - Vlad the Impaler.

Art

Reply to
WoodButcher

I think "Youre welcome" should be my response - but I'm not sure . . .

charlie b

Reply to
charlie b

I am still trying to figure out whether, assuming I use cherry for my tomato pointy sticks, I should paint them or french polish them. I suppose I could use a home brew oil/varnish/wax mix after sanding through 2000 grit and then rub them out. On the other hand, a well painted cherry pointy stick might blend in better with the surrounding homes and keep the homeowners association from getting uppity like they did last year. Perhaps I should consider ebony (ivory would just tick off those damn elephant lovers even though it comes in naturally pointy sticks). Hmmmm.... decisions, decisions. More on this later. Pictures in APVBW.

Dave Hall

Reply to
Dave Hall

| Tom Watson wrote: | || Those who do a great service are often ignored. || || I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your || service to humanity (insofar as dorkers can be considered part of || same). || || You are a rare blessing on the boil of the ass of reality. || || Regards, || || Tom Watson | | I think "Youre welcome" should be my response - but I'm not sure | . . .

I think perhaps confabulations are in order.

Morris Dovey

FWIW if you just need a fast reliable basic web hosting service you might like to look at the people I keep my site with as they are only $5.95 ($6.95 with your own domain) a month for the "FTP" account.

- 20GB/month transfer

- 250MB disk space

- 200 mailboxes

- Access by FTP Only

- Support by E-Mail Only

If you need hand holding and fancy tools they will not suit, but if you have your own site and know how to make it they are one of the best.

The capacity has gone up over the years, the price has never gone up

I have no commercial interest in them I am just a happy customer for over 5 years and counting.

Jerome Meekings

Wed, Dec 13, 2006, 9:39am (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@accesscom.com (charlie=A0b) doth perform his hours of communicty service thusly: Knowing how valuable this resource is to Pointy Stick enthusiasts throughout the world, the staff of The Pointy Stick Compendium Project made recovering from this disaster their highest priority and went into

24-7 mode, sparing no expense or effort to put The Pointy Stick Compendium Project informatin back on line. (OK, so there is no staff, took a few phone calls, less than 15 minutes to upload and another $10 a month to move my entire site to another ISP's server).

By unaimous vote of the Woodworking Gods for your personal sacrifices in insuring that an important part of our historical past was not lost forever, you have been voted Man Of The Year. As such you not only have their blessings, you have been granted no woodworking related accidents (unless you screw up that is), and you have been exempted of any an all sacrifices for the Woodworking Gods for an entire year. Which incidently also includes exclusion of processing fees for me in m duty as High Priest to the Woodworking Gods. That's all nothing to be sneezed at.

The rest of you cheap bastards are still expected to pony up a sacrifice to the Woodworking Gods - incidently. almost all of you are way behind in such by the way. Just send 'em along to me, as usual, and I'll do all the processing. We're still looking for a slightly used human virgin sacrifice, one that can cook and enjoys housework.

JOAT Where does Batman buy gas for the Batmobile?

Reply to
J T