The Pointy Stick Compendium Project

Page 2 of 4
charlie b wrote:

No. They are left handed.
Wait. That's the Inglish. Or is it?
Crap!
UA100
charlie b wrote:

Common problems. I've just filed a patent for a device called StickStop consisting of a teflon coated cowhide stretched over a wooden disk - on the back of which I've attached a handle and a forearm strap.
I expect to be filthy rich after selling only seven of these devices.
I'm having a bit of difficulty convincing the teflon to adhere to the cowhide, so it may be a while before I can fulfill your order. I am, however, encouraging everyone to preorder to minimize the wait and to help pay for solving our production difficulties.
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
charlie b wrote:

Sorry for the late reply, I've been working on my PSTD(Pointy Stick transportation Device), which will probably bear a marked resemblance to a hanging clothes rod in the back seat of out vehicle. There will of course be no clothing hung on it as I do not want to have to have any pointy stick I am transporting to require recalibration after arriving. Joe

LOL!! I think you should make this a FAQ

You have done everyone a great service.
The pointy stick deserves to be enshrined in the Great Wrecklish Hall, so as to be venerated by the postulants, and so as to confound the prevaricators, who diminish its worth by misunderstanding its critical importance.
The pointy stick was used on the first PSAD program (Pointy Stick Assisted Design) in conjunction with the soft clay that would become the first record of WoodDorker's plans.
It is a great pity that all the free plans, made with the assistance of pointy sticks, were lost in the great conflagration of the library of Alexandria, which shall never enjoy the codification and accessification of the magnificent Google (son of Gogol, of whom Deja was the penultimate expression).
Would that glory which was Rome have been so glorious without the pointy stick to stake the tents of its vast armies?
Did not the Pre-Socratics base their sacred geometry, resulting in the golden mean, on the first iterations of the pointy stick?
And the very Egyptians, themselves, contemplating the true point of a properly rendered pointy stick; did they not acquire their understanding of the pyramids through careful consideration of its geometrical pointyness?
You have honored the pointy stick, and your honoring shall bring you great honor, yer honor.
Thomas J. Watson - WoodDorker
On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 20:45:06 -0500, Tom Watson wrote:

Let us not forget the skewering of countless barbarians by the Roman legions. Or for that matter, the post-Socratic uses of pointy sticks by the Macedonian phalanxes.

We also need to credit the creators of the pointy stick, the original Neandertals, whose [who's in wreckspeak] Mousterian tools, scientists have discovered through microwear analysis, mainly show evidence of wooddorking.
Not only did the pointy stick allow them to feed themselves by murdering the mighty mammoth and other gentle tundra creatures, but also to clothe themselves with their skins.
Nor should we forget the use of the pointy stick in the development of agriculture where it was used both to plant seeds and harvest root crops.
The much derided humble pointy stick truly deserves whatever paean we give it. It is at the base of all our human achievements, including the murder of animals, plants and other humans and hence responsible for our civilization. Ultimately, all our tools are merely extensions of the pointy stick.
--
Luigi
Replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email

Ahh, the good old days.
Can't you just see yourself sitting at the table and saying to SWMBO, "Mmmm, good mammoth!"
And how cozy it must have been, on one of those frosty tundra mornings, to put on a nice warm mammoth turtleneck. Itchy, sure, and a little funky on damp days, but very stylish.
Thomas J. Watson - WoodDorker
Tom Watson wrote:

I think I see your problem: You're supposed to skin the mammoth first.
Chuck Vance (Mr. Helpful)
On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 08:45:49 -0600, the inscrutable Conan the

Yabbut, he wanted his "heavy coat" for the chilly Winter days.
-- "Menja b, caga fort!"
Luigi Zanasi wrote:

How else can you make a goad and what's being on the wreck if you don't have a freshly pointed goad?
UA100
On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 21:34:45 +0000, the inscrutable "Luigi Zanasi"

Ah, so the pointy stick is to blame for the lack of nekkid wimmenz around today. That shows the dualistic nature of the beast. It can be used for good or evil.

Y'know, he also forgot tooth-pointysticks. (charlie, how COULD you?)
-- "Menja b, caga fort!"
Evolution Pointy Stick:
Early years: Wood, sharpened one end. Wood, sharpened one end, sharper. Wood, laminated, sharpened one end.
Modern era: US Introduces the first steel point stick. Japanese invent lightweight, durable pointy stick. US Introduces a new composite, lighter stronger pointy stick. Makita introduces the first cordless pointy stick Milwaukee introduces the first 24V cordless pointyStick (tm) DeWalt knocks of its 27V version
UP/API The new Point Stick, weapon of choice for terrorists world wide in banned in US and Canada. US increases border security specifically to enforce AB9966. The bill bans all pointed weapons. Knitting groups organize and overthrow the government. President Hillary Clinton is impeached and leaves in disgrace.

"Government sources announced today that the search for pointy sticks has ended in Iraq. Administration officials refused comment when asked how the CIA report on PSMD, which had precipitated the invasion, could be so horribly flawed."

in
AB9966.
overthrow
"Military officials, on condition of anonymity, revealed that although no pointy sticks were discovered, caches of material were found which are commonly used in the manufacture of pointy sticks. These materials, purchased in blunt form, can quickly be assembled into deadly weapons. Also, several underground bunkers have been discovered. Crews are still searching for residue from the pointing process. Iraq is known to have harbored several expert stick pointers from the former Soviet Union. The CIA, while denying the report, states only that they had 'Reliable and credible intelligence' that stick pointing was widespread - clearly in violation of the UN's PSMD resolution."

The definition of PSMD is so vague that the resolution could never be upheld. If you look close enough, I'd be willing to bet you could find pointy sticks in your own backyard. I think this is clearly a ploy to occupy Iraq and seize control over resources such as the falafel. Iraqi cuisine is inspired by Turkish, Iranian and even French influences - you'd have to be blind not to see this so-called conspiracy. But I digress.
We have to get the pointy sticks off our own streets before we worry about Iraq. Just the other day I saw a 9 or 10 year old boy parading around the neighbourhood with a pointy stick. Nothing good can come from a pointy stick yet we have "collectors" even protesting against the Canadian Pointy Stick Registry. I can appreciate a good pointy stick when I see one, remember that one Tom Plamann mocked up from MDF for a customer? A work of art but remember, pointy sticks are only used to hurt people.
-Brian

Man, I hates it when dese trolls from alt.politics.pointysticks.conspiracy crosspost here.
(hee...snork....giggle...)
:-)...
Thomas J. Watson - WoodDorker

Pointy sticks don't hurt people, people hurt people.
--
Jerry

Jerry Shickler notes:
Pointy sticks don't hurt people, people hurt people.
If you outlaw pointy sticks, only outlaws will have pointy sticks.

Dis be funny.
:-)...
Thomas J. Watson - WoodDorker