The Opposite Of UHMW?

Page 3 of 3
wrote: <snip>

Keith, there have been some very good suggestions already (I read them all), so I won't go over them other than to comment on the possibility of movement when using the rubberised type mat. A jig is normally designed to allow consistent, accurate work; a mat that has even limited movement will obviate the purpose.
I did notice that non-one has mentioned a vacuum clamp, which would seem perfect for your needs, and reuseable, though you said a clamp was a bit over the top.
http://www.woodweb.com/knowledge_base/Template_Routing.html
http://www.joewoodworker.com/veneering/vacuumclamping.htm
A hybrid would have holes top and bottom to allow a generic plate that you can sit things on to hold.
Two sided carpet tape seems like a winner too.
Greg
I found this when I wasn't looking for it.
Greg

Try these links: http://www.unitedsilicone.com/sheets.htm http://www.cshyde.com/COHRlastic.htm http://www.acmerubber.com/polsheet.htm http://www.acmerubber.com/silsheet.htm
Look in the Yellow pages for die cutters or gasket makers, there is a good chance you can score some scraps big enough for your project.
Once you get your material try 3M spray adhesive. An industrial adhesive supplier will have 3M or other brands of transfer adhesive in a variety of widths. A plus on the silicone sheet it is available in (Delta) gray...
Phil Davis 247PalmBeachRE.com
Unisaw A100 wrote:

Take a look at the silicone tape Lee Valley sells. If it's the right stuff in the wrong shape, you'll at least have a name to search on...
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

before you tape or glue it down, try a piece of that web stuff that you use to line tool box drawers.. I use a rectangle of it with my sanding box and it damn near locks the stock to the table..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 06:36:39 GMT, mac davis

That's the stuff I get a Wal-Mart.
It comes in designer colors, too!
You could attach it to one side with spray adhesive, the other should naturally grip a bench. A swipe with a damp paper towel or sponge makes it stickier.
Barry
On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 13:46:48 GMT, Ba r r y

that's the stuff for shelves, Barry... the stuff for tool drawers (orchard, sears, etc.) is stickier and heavier.. only comes in "Henry Ford black", though.. *g*
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

How big does it have to be? At best buy they sell these rubbery, sticky pads for your dashboard that let you put things like your sunglasses and you ipod up there without it moving.
no snipped-for-privacy@sprynet.com writes:

Another thing that might work is to go to a fabric store (sewing type) and get some "tread" for sleeper or slippers and attach it with spray adhesive. That way you can have the shape and size you want, and it's non-abrasive.
It's also machine washable on regular and dry on gentle if that matters.<g>
Glenna

Glenna Rose wrote:

Pro'ly not. Last time I washed a jig it was hell on my dryer.
On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 14:55:40 -0500, Silvan

not very accurate when they shrink, either..