Tenoning jig help

OK, I give up. I've been trying to buy a tenoning for my Delta table saw but there are so many that I need some advice. Even Delta has two models and I cannot tell the difference from the descriptions that I've found.
Help!!
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Heavier is better -- unfortunately the old really heavy model is NLA.
One thing is whether you have the left or right tilt -- most won't handle but one side.
I ended up going w/ the Powermatic version a couple of years ago on the basis of essentially same price and weighed slightly more than the competing at the time.
Judgment is it is satisfactory, could be heavier for better stability but that's the problem w/ all being made today afaik.

Make your own and save yoru money for a more useful tool.
http://www.garagewoodworks.com/jigsfixtures.htm
--
www.garagewoodworks.com

OK, Make one's own TG. But, what measurements did you use for your jig? Is it set for 3/4" stock? For a fixed tenonn size, shoulder size? Not taking a shot, seriously interested.

Not seeing the "adjustment"? That's because, unlike most commercial jigs, this one rides against the fence, not the miter bar slot, and that's how you set your cheek cuts.
Mike

The jig rides against the TS fence. The tenon size is adjusted by moving the TS fence.
--
www.garagewoodworks.com

In an magazine product comparison (FWW I think) the General Tools tennoning jig was the winner because of the best adjustability and usability.
http://www.houseoftools.com/product.htm?pid !1199
On Sep 11, 6:44 pm, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 21:44:12 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

I have the "General" and it seems to work pretty good. If you buy one instead of building your own, I suggest you take a close look at the surface that slides on your table saw top and file, grind, polish, etc. off any burrs. I didn't and the damned scratch it left on my saw's top really pissed me off. No real complaints other than that.
Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:
>OK, I give up. I've been trying to buy a tenoning for my Delta table

two
SFWIW, Sears & Rubbish as a "Universal Jig" that does tenoning quite well if it is not going to be a day in, day out, production job,
Lew