Tempered Masonite

Is there such a thing as Tempered Masonite anymore. I am looking for a sheet of 1/8" that is smooth on both sides. Today's hardboard does not come close. Thanks for any help.

You might try an electrical insulation supply.
Chuck P.
I will have to second electrical supply warehouses. I use it all the time and get it in 4 X 8 sheets, by the pallet for work sites.
Jon

Yes it exists. It is fairly _hard_ to find. In sizes bigger than a clipboard, (with hardware attached) that is.
That said, Google is your friend. "tempered masonite" turns up a bunch of hits. including folks who have 48x96 sheets for sale. 1/8" _and_ 1/4"
A couple of sources: <www.freemansupply.com> <www.boulterplywood.com>

Look under "plywood" in the Yellow Pages.
Just in case the url doesn't work, Home Depot sells it.
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId051&langId=-1&catalogId053&productId0087155&N000003+90093+503003&marketID&locStoreNum35
Bob S.

Mine dosen't.
Even your link fails with my zip.
We have "Ecoboard" which is rough on one side. Not a sheet of tempered hardboard to be found, either 1/8" or 1/4".
B A R R Y wrote:

If you can't find it locally, Boulter Plywood http://www.boulterplywood.com/ stocks S2S tempered HDF under the "Duron" brand for 15 bucks a sheet for 1/8 or 18 bucks for 1/4, plus shipping.
--John

Look at the edge of a full sheet. If there is a red mark on the edge, It is tempered regardless of any other physical characteristics. If it had a green spot,, it's non tempered.
"Leon" wrote

Gee thanks!!
;)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/08/07

I have a local source here in El Paso but I doubt that the borgs stock it. I usually keep a sheet (4 X 8) or two on hand.
Max
On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 12:18:39 -0600, "Max"

Plenty of S1S, tempered and untempered, in the borgs around here, but I've never noticed any S2S. Fact is, until reading http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hardboard I really wasn't aware there was such a thing as S2S hardboard. Thought all of it had that "nonslip" back..
Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA