tambour doors. How to?

Mostly just personal stuff for friends and myself. I've got a few pictures on a hard drive in another computer with a dead motherboard. When I ressurrect them, I'll post them for you to see.
On 2/3/2011 10:13 PM, Upscale wrote:

Tell that to my old 60" wide rolltop desk. As far as warping, if pigs had wings ... large doors will warp sooner than pigs can fly, maybe.
As far as "can look good" ... beauty, as always, is in the eye of the beholder.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

Yeah, but this is a desk and an old one as it appears. Tambour door were and alway have been a natural for desks. That's why they call them rolltop desks. Nothing ever since has been more appropriate for a raised back desk with curved sides than a tambour door.
Han wrote:

If you plan to take a vote, count me for tambour.
--

dadiOH
____________________________

Of course before you commit to wall mount, DAGS pop up tv mount?
Just stirring
Mark

I have no intention for that. It would mean fudsing with the existing 3- door sideboard that I want to incorporate.

--
Best regards
Han

Han,
Tomorrow, Friday, 2/4 on channel 471, WLIW Create, at 11AM, 5PM and 11PM Rough Cut will be broadcast. The project is a breadbox with tambour door. Have a look to get an idea of what is involved when using the canvas method.
Regards, Tom
<snip>

Set to record! Thanks!
--