survey question sawblade ?

1. do you get your blades sharpened? 2. or do you do it yourself 3. or do you buy a new blade when it gets dull.
Is it worth sending it out to get sharpened or just buy a cheaper throw away blade?.. oh the questions of life..
Thank you
--
Just as I was getting used to yesterday, along comes today.

It depends on the type of saw: Chain saw, keyhole saw, back saw, table saw, jig saw, reciprocating saw ... Speaking generally, yes to all three questions.
-Jack

the one that's being sharpened.

Someday, it'll all be over....
Just_call_me_dusty wrote:

I ASS-U-ME you are talking about circular blades and not handsaws (a little more Information might help get the correct answer)
So yes I have my blades sharped. I buy quality blades now and only use "throw-aways" on my circular saw, if I need to cut a questionable piece.
Check at your local hardware store for a sharping service. Look in the Yellow Pages for a service. The best is to find the shop that sharpens the blades. I'm on a frist name bais with my sharpener and if I need something in a hurry I can get it and not have to wait the normal week at the hardware store. I also buy all my Systi Matic blades from him.
Kevin
I am sorry about the confusion. Yes circular blades. i.e. table saw, miter saw, circular saw. and yes I do have some more expensive blades. To get them sharpened once a month for $20.00 each seems a little much however yes I do realize that the cut is better with a higher quality blade. All in all , can I buy 6 cheaper blades for the price of a more expensive blade and a sharp or 2 .. its a money thing.. I'm thinking maybe a couple of throw always and a higher quality blade for that special project.
Thank you again
--
Just as I was getting used to yesterday, along comes today.
"Just_call_me_dusty" < snipped-for-privacy@ameritech.net> wrote in message
On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 01:35:46 GMT, "Just_call_me_dusty"

i will tell you one thing for certain. i used to have the same outlook on blades as you have, buy a cheeper one, and toss it when it gets dull. . .
i bought a good blade, its a ridge carbide blade, , , you will get cleaner, better cuts, the edge on the carbides will last alot longer between sharpening's, and overall you will save money!
JM2CW
Traves
Just_call_me_dusty wrote:

Are 14" bandsaw (105") blades sharpenable? I repaired a broken seat in my car yesterday and found out that my 1/8" bandsaw blade cut metal quite well, but only for a little while... :-(
-- Mark
On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 23:37:24 GMT, "Just_call_me_dusty"

I do my Freud's twice before discarding or dedicating to MDF and construction lumber service.

After two loops of #1.
Barry

most of my blades are steel and 23 years old I get them and my few carbide blades sharpened,,,,,,