survey question sawblade ?

  1. do you get your blades sharpened?
  2. or do you do it yourself
  3. or do you buy a new blade when it gets dull.

Is it worth sending it out to get sharpened or just buy a cheaper throw away blade?.. oh the questions of life..

Thank you

Reply to
Just_call_me_dusty

It depends on the type of saw: Chain saw, keyhole saw, back saw, table saw, jig saw, reciprocating saw ... Speaking generally, yes to all three questions.

-Jack

Reply to
JackD

wherewithall to Dremel a bandsaw blade...

I've always got two of certain types to fill in for the one that's being sharpened.

what kind of blade you're talking about. Tom Someday, it'll all be over....

Reply to
Tom

I ASS-U-ME you are talking about circular blades and not handsaws (a little more Information might help get the correct answer)

So yes I have my blades sharped. I buy quality blades now and only use "throw-aways" on my circular saw, if I need to cut a questionable piece.

Check at your local hardware store for a sharping service. Look in the Yellow Pages for a service. The best is to find the shop that sharpens the blades. I'm on a frist name bais with my sharpener and if I need something in a hurry I can get it and not have to wait the normal week at the hardware store. I also buy all my Systi Matic blades from him.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin French

I am sorry about the confusion. Yes circular blades. i.e. table saw, miter saw, circular saw. and yes I do have some more expensive blades. To get them sharpened once a month for $20.00 each seems a little much however yes I do realize that the cut is better with a higher quality blade. All in all , can I buy 6 cheaper blades for the price of a more expensive blade and a sharp or 2 .. its a money thing.. I'm thinking maybe a couple of throw always and a higher quality blade for that special project.

Thank you again

Reply to
Just_call_me_dusty

Are 14" bandsaw (105") blades sharpenable? I repaired a broken seat in my car yesterday and found out that my 1/8" bandsaw blade cut metal quite well, but only for a little while... :-(

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

I do my Freud's twice before discarding or dedicating to MDF and construction lumber service.

After two loops of #1.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

most of my blades are steel and 23 years old I get them and my few carbide blades sharpened,,,,,,

Reply to
woodcrafter

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 01:35:46 GMT, "Just_call_me_dusty" Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:

i will tell you one thing for certain. i used to have the same outlook on blades as you have, buy a cheeper one, and toss it when it gets dull. . .

i bought a good blade, its a ridge carbide blade, , , you will get cleaner, better cuts, the edge on the carbides will last alot longer between sharpening's, and overall you will save money!

JM2CW

Traves

Reply to
Traves W. Coppock