Stupid Electrical question

Page 2 of 2

How is that a problem?

Ahhh -- now I see how that's a problem: the electrician was an idiot.
--
Regards,

No, a F%#*ing idiot. Hank
You've had lots of good comments.
I don't recall seeing the length of the run from the panel to the saw given. The longer the run, the greater the voltage drop under load for wire of any given size. So you'll have less voltage drop with the 10 AWG wire which is a good thing. Your saw will be happier for it.
Good luck.
Chuck