Storage Shed

Page 1 of 3
I never use plans for my furniture projects, but I find that I may need some for this. I want to build a shed in my backyard and I'm looking for some detailed plans (willing to pay for them). If you know of any that you tried plase let me know.
For the CAD-heads out there if you have any shed CAD drawings you be willing to share please let me know.
GarageWoodworks wrote:

More information please! Form _and_ function.
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

I need an 8x12 for my mower and random lawn crap. Gamble or saltbox roof.

Gable not gamble.
On Sun, 23 Aug 2009 11:00:08 -0700 (PDT), GarageWoodworks

No, GAMBREL
On Aug 23, 2:08pm, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

No , gable. I don't want a barn.
GarageWoodworks wrote:

You might find something in 3Dwarehouse...
http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/cldetails?midha4cc828453bd21a72c06ccb5b192f5&ct=mdcc
(mind the wrap)
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

than you Morris. That looks like a great site!!
GarageWoodworks wrote:

Would gambrel work? :)
--

dadiOH
____________________________
"GarageWoodworks" wrote:
------------------------------------------------------ I need an 8x12 for my mower and random lawn crap. Gamble or saltbox roof. ---------------------------------------------------------
Norm to the rescue.
Check the NYW site.
Lew
RE: Subject
Forgot to add, do not set a footer unless you want to pull a building permit, meet codes and add to your property tax assessment.
Place shed on some concrete blocks at the corners and avoid the hassle.
Have fun.
Lew

Thanks Lew. I think I still might need a permit here in NC. I need to look into this (probably depends on the size?).

Thanks Lew. I think I still might need a permit here in NC. I need to look into this (probably depends on the size?).
I did not need a permit, but did need the permission of the HOA, don't for get those guys. Our HOA made a neighbor tear his down because it was 10' tall.
"GarageWoodworks" wrote: ----------------------------------------------- Thanks Lew. I think I still might need a permit here in NC. I need to look into this (probably depends on the size?). --------------------------------------------------
Unless you need a "Fix" by building a shed, probably less money and a whole lot less hassle to buy a shed from one of these outfits that specialize in sheds.
They already know how to minimize the legal stuff.
Have fun.
Lew
In dropped this bit of wisdom:

Would you believe??
Poured a concrete foundation and plopped a 10X13 shed on it.
No permit cause this is a really small town.
Town fathers got real upset about an 18" drain a couple of us installed.
Told them to "pound salt" and they did. No one noticed or cared about the shed.
BTB 8X12 shed?? One can never have a big enough shed. Thought mine was till I got a garden tractor.
P D Q

We have a 9X12 shed on blocks that went through Hurricane Ike. It survived because of the hurricane ties. The track passed over our street. No damage other than trees in the yard.
GarageWoodworks wrote:

Just some general comments. I would make the shed the largest permitted with out a building permit. The point being junk expands to fill the space and you never have enough space.
My John Deere LT155 is 41 inches wide and 68" long, if you have a similar tractor it would fit in nicely in the 8 X 12. I have a lawn trailer that I standing on end in front of the tractor. fits nicely in my 8X10 shed.
I would go for the gambrel roof as it will give you overhead storage for small boxes, small parts, and other small pieces of equipment, and millions of other items. I have a gabled roof but still store all of the handled implements (shovel,hoe, rake, etc.) in the rafters.
While my tractor fits into the 8 foot wide shed, It would be nice to have it a little wider, as it would give me a whole wall for shelves.
GarageWoodworks wrote:

Not meant to be insulting, but aren't you dumbing down a bit.
A furniture builder asking for shed plans is like a Nascar crew chief asking how to change a tire, no? :-)
--

-MIKE-

Should a professional piano player be expected to know how to play the tuba?
GarageWoodworks wrote:

Not a valid comparison.
A professional piano player shouldn't need sheet music to play scales on a marimba.
--

-MIKE-