Steve Knight - coffin smoother?

Anyone hear from Steve Knight, or know if he's still making planes? JP
On Sat, 14 Jan 2012 20:41:52 -0800 (PST), JayPique

His web site no longer exists. There are reference to his planes on Google, but nothing direct to him.

Looking for a Knight coffin smoother? I have one in almost unused condition. Steve and I used to trade my website work for his planes way back when. I have a whole stable of his planes.

Wow, I just talked to him about 6 months ago and his site was up. It doesn't come up today. He had shifted into making plane kits rather than planes, and he was doing mostly CNC router work, signmaking, etc. (That's the direction I want to go.)
-- Make awkward sexual advances, not war.

Tried you at your addy minus the "invalid"... JP
On Thu, 19 Jan 2012 14:24:27 -0800 (PST), JayPique

Got it. I'll try to find the planes this weekend, get pics, and we'll go from there. My shop at the moment is 67 gallons o' chit in a 5 gallon bucket.
-- I have the consolation of having added nothing to my private fortune during my public service, and of retiring with hands clean as they are empty. -- Thomas Jefferson, letter to Count Diodati, 1807
On 1/14/2012 10:41 PM, JayPique wrote:

From what I understand he quit making hand planes but did offer hand plane kits.
On Sun, 15 Jan 2012 11:06:08 -0500, "John Grossbohlin"

Probably could not sell enough planes at a high enough price to make a good living. Some of the CNC work he is doing looks quite nice. I hope he does well with it.

No doubt that it was a tough gig making and selling wooden planes... I've got a pair of shoulder planes, left skew and right skew, that Steve made. The irons are very nice... take and hold an edge!
John

We run into him in here once in a while.
http://www.vectric.com/forum /