Starts OT but I gotta brag.

Page 1 of 3
One year ago my son graduated with a baccalaureate degree from the Bauer's Honors College. At the same time he graduated with his bachelors degree for the U of H, Suma Cum Laude.
This past week he graduated with his masters degree, with the Dean's Excellence Award from the U of H. Two weeks ago he was attending an appreciation banquet for businesses that contributed to and hired graduates, hosted by Bauer's College. At the banquet, Bauer's College presented Bryan with and in front of his soon to be new employer, KPMG, the Department of Accountancy and Taxation Academic Excellence Award. Not bad for a 22 year old that has held down a job the whole time that he was in college. January of last year he interned for and was hired to go to work for KPMG this coming fall. His mother and I footed all of his education expenses and car insurance and bought him a new car in his senior year in HS. He still has the car, no dents. For the first time since he started college he is taking the summer off from work to study for his CPA exams.
Sunday his mother and I hosted a small get together of our closest friends and family members at out house to celebrate his graduation. Later that evening after every one had gone my wife and I were watching TV. Bryan walked in, interrupted, and announced that he was finally finished with school and fell silent for a few moments, looked up and said Thank You. He continued to thank us for every thing that we have done for him and the support that we have given him. He continued to say that he has talked to countless class mates that will be paying off student loans for years to come. He was grateful that he could start his career with a clean slate. He realized that we made sacrifices for him.
Kim and I boo hoo'd a little bit. As busy as he had been with his jobs and school, He had noticed and wanted us to know. ;~)
Twenty nine years ago Kim and I bought our first home, a starter. We had planed to only be in it for 5~6 years. We still live in this home but we hope to make a change and move this coming fall or winter. Bryan plans on staying and plans to make out first home his first home with a 50% down payment. Bryan is going to be an "empty nester". Kim and I have found a new neighborhood and house plan not to too far away that has rooms large enough for a single room sewing studio, one of her sewing machines is 11' long and she works from both sides.
On topic now,
More importantly the house has a 3 car shop!
Sorry to be bragging here but Kim and I are busting at the seams with joy.

Your son and his accomplishments make him someone to be proud of. As far as the 3-car shop is concerned -- you suck!
Gordon Shumway
Our Constitution needs to be used less as a shield for the guilty and more as a sword for the victim.

Thank you. I don't suck yet, we have not yet moved.

..naaaaaa,,,,,you suck, regardless.
Leon wrote:

My Son is in his third year and keeping his 4.3 grade point average while working. Has bought his own truck and snow boards every chance he gets. I'm very proud of him!!! Its good to know there is still good kids coming out of this twisted society. Congrats Leon
Rich
--
You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK !

That's a fine son you raised and you deserve to be proud of your sacrifice and his accomplishments. You deserve a home with a 3 car shop for what you accomplished.
--
Nonny
On most days,

Thank you. I believe he is past the potential problem areas now. ;~)

Thank you,
4.3, that's darn good. Bryan finally got his last grade yesterday which gave him a 4.0 for his post graduate classes.

Well, hey buddy, I can help you out. Let me hold onto all your Festool stuff and that will save you the moving and storage fees for when you eventually move into this new house. After all, what are friends for?

You are so KIND. Unfortunately for you....;~) Bryan is going to buy our house so we get to move at a pace that suites us. We will continue to live here until he get totally moved into the new home.
Leon wrote:

I am happy for you. It is nice to know there are still responsible people, both young and old. Not to mention 3 car shps :)
--

dadiOH
____________________________

Thank you. Hopefully I have not jinxed anything here. ;~)
"Leon" wrote

A three car shop?? Where are you going to put the woodworking tools?

No need to apologize Leon. This is exceptionally good news. And we all can use some good news. The acorn did not fall far from the tree. You have every right to feel proud. You all did good.
On 5/18/2010 11:38 AM, Lee Michaels wrote:
> The acorn did not fall far from the tree.
You hit the nail smack on the head right there, Lee!
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

"Car" would be a term used for measurement. ;~)

Thank you!

Precisely! Like Charlie says, cars belong outside, that's why they're painted so well.
But seriously, Congrats Leon & Kim on a job well done.
Luigi

Precisely! Like Charlie says, cars belong outside, that's why they're painted so well.
But seriously, Congrats Leon & Kim on a job well done.
Luigi
Well my wife likes to bring her car in but that will not be a problem.
Thank you Sir!

Snip a story of true success by Leon and family.
Kudus to your son.
basilisk

Thank you!
On 5/18/2010 11:09 AM, Leon wrote:

No brag, just fact!
Congratulations to all three of you! You have each played a part, and the fact the Bryan would enunciate his gratitude on that score makes you appreciate even more the unspoken depth of that feeling.
That's one fine young man!
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010