Springfield, MA WoodWorks Show?

<http://woodworksevents.com/home_ma.shtml
Anybody going? Maybe we could arrange a 'wreck meet-up?
Barry
in message

I had planned to go, and would love to be there, but I decided to celebrate my wife's birthday with her. So I have a weekend in Vermont scheduled instead. Gorgeous Inn, fireplace, lofted bedroom, picture windows looking out on the mountains, dinner, breakfast in our room, romantic sleigh ride, three days and two nights without the kids..............and without the workshop..............wait, is that possible?
Dave

celebrate
the
Ha. I *am* in Vermont, and I get all that without having to travel... except the kids. I have to keep them. But I get the shop, too. Is that a fair trade? :)
Always wanted to find someone in Orlando who'd be willing to swap houses for a week during January....
Jon E
in message

I hope to be there Saturday Ed
I'm giving it some thought. That and a visit to the Student Prince.
--
Mike G.
snipped-for-privacy@heirloom-woods.net

I'm thinking of going Friday afternoon. I went last year and got stuck in traffic because I took 91 to Agawam. If you are going on Saturday or Sunday get there early or come up the back way from Enfield.
Rich
in message

I will be in my booth at American Sycamore Woodworkers' Retreat. Please stop in and introduce yourself. I would like to meet you and put a face to your post. American Sycamore is proud to be the education sponsor for Woodworks and we help bring the speakers and the demos to the show.
see you at the show, Mike from American Sycamore www.americansycamoreretreat.com
Any shows planned for Louisville, Ky.?
--
"Cartoons don't have any deep meaning.
in message

Had all my plans in place to go, and then my local club decided to have their annual "Woodworker's Weekend" that Friday and Saturday. I may still wind up going on Sunday, but I highly doubt it. You guys going to WoodWorks might want to sneak up to Saratoga, NY in March for the NWA Woodworker's Showcase. Same concept as Woodworks, but it's better. More demonstrations, not as crowded, good deals on tools and lumber, and we bring in top names too. This year we'll be having Ian Kirby, Ellis Walentine, Ernie Conover and Michael Puryear, as well as several highly talented locals. In past years, we've had Johannes Michelsen (who is a local), Mario Rodriguez, Garret Hack and Mark Duginske show up.
Damn, this turned into a blatant plug for my club's program. Oh well. :)
THAT sounds like a good show. I loved how the woodworks flyer I got had all these pictures of Sam Maloof. Is Sam going to be at the show? Of course not!
Mike
message

WoodWorks
demonstrations,

message

WoodWorks
demonstrations,
Works for me!
John NWA Mid-Hudson

:)
We had a few guys from your group up here on Thursday, talking about dust collection. Pretty good presentation, learned quite a bit. Also learned I need to look into the concept a lot more seriously than I have been.
I'll see you at Showcase - I'll be hangin' out with the Wood-Mizer guys. :)
message

:)
Any interest in a 2 HP Grizzly dust collector? My brother has one for sale... ;-)
With WWW going out of business there has been a flurry of tool buying and selling going on around here. The only items still looking for homes are the dust collector, a Rockwell 4" jointer on a stand with motor, and a Dewalt 733 thickness planer. Another dust collector, a table saw, a shaper, and another jointer changed hands and a new 15" thickness planer, cabinet saw, and dust collector went home from WWW. Needless to say, everyone is happy with the new toys! ;-)
Perhaps the folks from the wreck should wear an NWA name tag that also says rec.woodworking??? It might be fun to put some faces with the names!
John