Springfield, MA WoodWorks Show?

Anybody going? Maybe we could arrange a 'wreck meet-up?

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

I had planned to go, and would love to be there, but I decided to celebrate my wife's birthday with her. So I have a weekend in Vermont scheduled instead. Gorgeous Inn, fireplace, lofted bedroom, picture windows looking out on the mountains, dinner, breakfast in our room, romantic sleigh ride, three days and two nights without the kids..............and without the workshop..............wait, is that possible?

Dave

Reply to
David Babcock

I hope to be there Saturday Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I'm giving it some thought. That and a visit to the Student Prince.

Reply to
Mike G

I received my mailing from them a few days ago, got all excited thinking about browsing all the woodworking gear and then SWMBO sorta laughed at me and said "don't you remember you 'get' to wear your monkey suit that day". CRAP! Wedding on Saturday (it's actually in Worcester, MA, think I could sneak off???). And, I doubt she'll let me take off on Sunday because I have a woodworking class all weekend this weekend. Oh well. No money to buy anything anyway.

Have fun and take a lot of pictures if you can.

Mike

Reply to
Mike in Mystic

I'm thinking of going Friday afternoon. I went last year and got stuck in traffic because I took 91 to Agawam. If you are going on Saturday or Sunday get there early or come up the back way from Enfield.

Rich

Reply to
RKON

wrote

Ha. I *am* in Vermont, and I get all that without having to travel... except the kids. I have to keep them. But I get the shop, too. Is that a fair trade? :)

Always wanted to find someone in Orlando who'd be willing to swap houses for a week during January....

Jon E

Reply to
Jon Endres, PE

Had all my plans in place to go, and then my local club decided to have their annual "Woodworker's Weekend" that Friday and Saturday. I may still wind up going on Sunday, but I highly doubt it. You guys going to WoodWorks might want to sneak up to Saratoga, NY in March for the NWA Woodworker's Showcase. Same concept as Woodworks, but it's better. More demonstrations, not as crowded, good deals on tools and lumber, and we bring in top names too. This year we'll be having Ian Kirby, Ellis Walentine, Ernie Conover and Michael Puryear, as well as several highly talented locals. In past years, we've had Johannes Michelsen (who is a local), Mario Rodriguez, Garret Hack and Mark Duginske show up.

Damn, this turned into a blatant plug for my club's program. Oh well. :)

Reply to
Jon Endres, PE

THAT sounds like a good show. I loved how the woodworks flyer I got had all these pictures of Sam Maloof. Is Sam going to be at the show? Of course not!

Mike

wrote

demonstrations,

Reply to
Mike in Mystic

I will be in my booth at American Sycamore Woodworkers' Retreat. Please stop in and introduce yourself. I would like to meet you and put a face to your post. American Sycamore is proud to be the education sponsor for Woodworks and we help bring the speakers and the demos to the show.

see you at the show, Mike from American Sycamore

Mike at American Sycamore

Any shows planned for Louisville, Ky.?

Reply to
Jerry Gilreath

wrote

demonstrations,

Works for me!

John NWA Mid-Hudson

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

in

We had a few guys from your group up here on Thursday, talking about dust collection. Pretty good presentation, learned quite a bit. Also learned I need to look into the concept a lot more seriously than I have been.

I'll see you at Showcase - I'll be hangin' out with the Wood-Mizer guys. :)

Reply to
Jon Endres, PE

Mike, Sam will be at the California Woodworks show. I understand due to his scheldule, age, and health this is as far as he would travel. I met Sam years ago and have been to his shop several times...he truly is an inspiration and a gentleman.

Mike from American Sycamore

Reply to
Mike at American Sycamore

wrote

Any interest in a 2 HP Grizzly dust collector? My brother has one for sale... ;-)

With WWW going out of business there has been a flurry of tool buying and selling going on around here. The only items still looking for homes are the dust collector, a Rockwell 4" jointer on a stand with motor, and a Dewalt

733 thickness planer. Another dust collector, a table saw, a shaper, and another jointer changed hands and a new 15" thickness planer, cabinet saw, and dust collector went home from WWW. Needless to say, everyone is happy with the new toys! ;-)

Perhaps the folks from the wreck should wear an NWA name tag that also says rec.woodworking??? It might be fun to put some faces with the names!

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin