Re: WoodWorks on DIY

I enjoy the show as well and sent a comment as such.

Our woodworking club, Sacramento Area Woodworkers, received the > following email from David Marks, host of WoodWorks on DIY. > > > As you know, it is difficult to get new shows on the air. If you > would like to help keep WoodWorks on DIY, I would appreciate it if you > could let the network know. You can send your remarks to > snipped-for-privacy@diynet.com. If they hear from fans like you, it will help us > keep the show on the air. > Thank you again for your interest and support. I look forward to > hearing from you in the future if you have questions or suggestions. > I wish you all the best in your woodworking endeavors. > > > Sincerely, > > David J. > Marks > > I personally feel that WoodWorks is one of the finest woodworking > shows on TV. Maybe if enough of us email DIY they might change their > minds. Thanks for helping. >
Reply to
Kennor

Favorable remarks sent.

Reply to
Lazarus Long

Got this reply:

Hello. Thank you for contacting DIY--Do It Yourself Network. There are no plans to cancel this program. Wood Works currently airs on DIY on Mondays at 8:30 pm & 11:30 pm, Tuesdays & Thursdays at 7:30 am, Saturdays at 9:00 pm, 9:30 pm, 12:00 am & 12:30 am and Sundays at 9:30 am & 1:30 pm (ET).

Sincerely, DIY Viewer Services

Reply to
tnfkajs

I sent him a note requesting a video from him on Chemical Patinations and received an answer the next day. Then after I bought the video from him I asked who he found to be a good supplier of Gilding Materials and again received an answer the next day. I think if you are doing business with him, he will be a little more inclined to reply than if you are just wanting free information from him about something he is selling the complete plans for on his website. :-)

Michael

"" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@att.net:

Reply to
Michael Burton

You're close, but not quite right .. .. ..

1) TRUE .. .. he didn't respond to an e-mail requesting ONE detail of a jig .. .. NOT A FULL SET OF PLANS .. .. .. nor were said plans even available from him or his website 14 months ago when I made the request.

2) TRUE .. ..His son finally (14 months later) respond to the e-mail by asking me to support the continuation of the TV show .. .. AND, BY THE WAY, plans for some of his most requested jigs are available for sale on the website. No response for 14 months UNTIL HE has a need for some help .. .. .. now, suddenly it's urgent that he get back to me

3) TRUE .. .. I don't care if his show lives or dies .. .. .. if it's there, I'll watch it, at least occasionally .. .. .. if it goes away, I won't lose sleep over it .. .. .. DIY cut Norm a while back .. .. .. missed him a bit, but nothing earth shattering .. .. .. if they cut Marks .. .. same feelings .. .. .. no big deal.

I guess you were correct .. .. . that DOES pretty well sum it up .. .. .. to each his own .. .. .. write all the letters you want to DIY .. .. .. if they keep him, fine .. if they don't, fine .. .. .. don't see anything worth getting in a big flap over. I'm just stating an opinion, as is everyone else who participates in this thread. If you disagree, fine, but I refuse to get involved in a flame war just because I don't happen to think the guy has THAT MUCH appeal. He's good .. .. .. he's VERY good .. .. .. hell, he's an artist with wood as his medium .. .. .. he just doesn't appeal that much to me. His cheesy tactic of holding my e-mail (unresponded to) for 14 months and then using it as a ruse to get me to "VOTE" for him just doesn't set well with me !! !! !!

Reply to
Anonymous

.. NOT A FULL SET

14 months ago when

me to support the

requested jigs are

need for some help

I'll watch it, at

shattering .. .. .. if

each his own .. ..

they don't, fine

stating an opinion, as

but I refuse to get

MUCH appeal.

his medium .. .. ..

e-mail (unresponded

doesn't set well

BY-THE-WAY .. .. .. THIS IS the same guy who actually does solicit questions .. .. .. several times during most every show we hear .. "If you have ANY questions regarding today's show, please post them at our website where full descriptions will be available .. .. .. "

Reply to
Anonymous

just doesn't set well

I say to each his own, but yes it is kinda sleazy hanging onto an email address for commercial purposes without even bothering to reply to the original message...

just my $0.02

-Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Rowen