Spray Gun Cleanup

I'm finally starting to spray some finishes with my new HVLP conversion gun. Works nicely, but so far I've used the time saved doing cleanup of the gun. What a PITA! I'm wondering about any 'tricks of the trade', or how other handle this. Does it work to simply spray some clean thinner (or some other solvent) for a few seconds? I'm wondering how others approach this issue. Thanks.
Visit www.homesteadfinishing.com and www.targetcoatings.com and seach for cleaning for starters.

Usually I spray water bornes, but even when using my HVLP for solvent based material, I don't find cleanup any big deal; and I'm an impatient person when it comes to clean up. Run the appropriate solvent through the gun; shaking and swirling the gun to get solvent to the top of the cup. Be sure to open the nozzle quite wide. In 2+ years usage, I've found no appreciable build up of finish inside my Accuspray gun. The only area where finish builds up is on the outside of the tip, between coats. I retract the needle and knock off the offending buildup with my fingernail.
Dave
Newshound wrote:

container of the appropriate thinner until I can get back to them to do a thorough cleanup.