"Spin Box", know how to make one?

I saw a product called a Spin Box. You tap it, spin it, and tap it again to open it. Apparently a locking pin is moved out of position.

is pretty neat. Anyone know how to make one?

Reply to
Toller

Years ago my grandfather showed us the trick. Its no trick, Its simply a rod that slides away from the locking side when you tap that oppsite end. The spinning part is to thrill and amaze your friends.

I used the trick to make a false bottom in a jewelry boxe for a (wealthy) friend's wife. The rod would not slide under normal use, you had to remove the drawer and tap the back to release the lock.

Dave

Teamcasa

There were plans in an old American Woodworker. Maybe someone has the issue and can report back.

Reply to
brian_j_roth