Speaker enclosure

I quite new to wood work measurements and I need figure out to figure out the cubic capasity of a box with the dimensions - 23cm width, 40cm height, 23 cm depth with the wood 1.8cm thick. Feet and meters would be handy. I would be very grateful of any answers.

13669.5 cubic cm/836 cubic inches/.01 cubic meters/.35 cubic feet ... mas or menos.
Standby: I'm sure someone will just love to prove that wrong (which may be quite easy to do), and let us both know in no uncertain terms. ;)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/09/07
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.co.uk wrote:

--
"Hey, yutz! Guns aren't toys.
They're for family protection, hunting dangerous or delicious animals,
On Dec 11, 10:45 am, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.co.uk wrote:

Are those inside dims?
Do you plan to make the box and then put in a woofer of unknown specs?
The woofer's specs will tell you how big the box needs to be. You can't work backwards from a box dimension unless you plan to vent it. There are all kinds of nomograms around to determine the volume of a box. You should be able to find a copy of Martin Colloms's work in your library. Anything by Alexis Badmaieff or Don Davis will help you along too.
"Robatoy" wrote in message

I _ASSume_, that "a box with the dimensions..." would be outside measurements, particularly since he specifically gave the thickness (1.8cm) of the wood.
(interior W)(interior H)(interior D) = interior volume
(23 - 3.6)(40 - 3.6)(23 - 3.6) (19.4)(36.4)(19.4) = 13,669.504 cubic centimeters
Any errors from there are conversion error by using something besides "cubic centimeters" to convert to the next "cubic whatever".
... it's the way I did it, but what the hell do I know?
OK ... not much, obviously! :)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/09/07

... oh yeah!
Forgot ... we will now get into how the box is constructed; butt joints, miter joints, rabbet joints ... all of which could have some effect on the final answer.
... maybe. ;)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/09/07

which brand? Huh? Huh?
I may have jumped the gun a little on the question of inside/outside dims. From my perspective only the inside dims matter IOW. how much air is there in that box? Then the next question appears. The ratio/shapes of panels as to reduce standing waves at certain frequencies...but I could be talking shit here..
Swingman wrote:

I get the same answer doing it that way. I'm still trying to figure out why the difference in my previous post. If I did it right, it should come out the same.
--
"Hey, yutz! Guns aren't toys.
They're for family protection, hunting dangerous or delicious animals,
DS wrote:

bottom in my first attempt. Should have been 3.6cm for both sides.
--
"Hey, yutz! Guns aren't toys.
They're for family protection, hunting dangerous or delicious animals,
On Dec 11, 10:45 am, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.co.uk wrote:

What kind of joint?
If it's a miter, the inside dimensions would be:
23- (2*1.8)=width 40- (2*1.8)=height 23- (2*1.8)pth
volume= w*h*d