Southeren exposesure:

I have to finish 2 large oak doors of an church . They are exposed to the sun and rain. What should I use for an finish that will last the longest? Help would be appreciated.
Rey

Ninety-five theses? It's going five hundred years.
Go with what the boat boys use. The word "marine" is going to narrow your search for varnishes.
On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 06:16:44 -0500, the inscrutable "Reynaud"

http://www.nam.sikkens.com/product.cfm?product_id=3&product_category=exterior http://www.jamestowndistributors.com/ak/Paints/Teak_Oils/Finishes/Sikkens_Cetol_fam /
Remember to remove the doors and leave them off for a few days while the finish dries thoroughly before rehanging. Proper prep work is ESSENTIAL, too, so follow the instructions to the letter.
--- Chaos, panic, and disorder--my work here is done. http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development
On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 06:16:44 -0500, Reynaud wrote:

I don't understand the question. You're using a natural product, oak, for the doors, and exposing them to natural events (sun, rain). You understand that an artificial substance will decay under these circumstances. So you want to put your own desires over the natural unfolding of events? On a church. Oh, a church! Of _course_.
You're a contractor, I hope.
--
"Keep your ass behind you"
vladimir a t mad scientist com