Source of Leather for Mission Sofa Cushions

I am planning to build a mission sofa this winter. I would like to use leather for the cushions. I would appreciate any comments about working with leather, but particularly any recommendations for sources of leather. There are a lot of sources on the web, but I don't know which are trustworthy. I also don't know anything about leather quality, dyeing, etc. Thanks for your help.
Bill Ray
Bill,
I used leather for a hall tree cushion, and I call some upolstry shops and found one that did leather upolstry. They had whole hides in a ton of colors, and was able to get a few square feet. It ain't free! Wives who sew are a great source of info in making cushions, they say it's not hard with a sewing machine. Goodwill, St Vintys, or a thrift store might be a good source for a "test" cushion to get a pattern, and see construction details.
Hope this helps.....
Thank you. I've already "assigned" my wife the cushion duties. I have a set of plans that even have the details on how to construct the cushions.

I haven' t used them lately, but Tandy Leather has been around for a long time and always had an excellent reputation.
Bill

They're still around, I buy from them once in awhile. In Canada, they're called Tandy Leather Factory. http://www.tandyleatherfactory.com/ . Not sure what they're called in the US, but I do know they're still in business.

http://www.tandyleatherfactory.com/Locations.asp

Not sure where you're located, but I used to buy from Veteran Leather in LIC, NY. http://www.macraesbluebook.com/search/company.cfm?company=503884 The bluebook listing doesn't seem to show hides, and their web site is messed up with broken links, but the guys know their stuff and the prices were reasonable. Give them a call and ask for them to send you some samples of whatever leather they'd recommend for cushions. Pigskin would be nice - supple, strong and attractive, but it's not in keeping with the Mission style of furniture and I don't know how much of a purist you are.