Page 2 of 2

Highland Hardware carries them.
--
Doors - Locks - Weatherstripping
POB 250121 Atlanta GA 30325
leevalley.com
In fact, http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.asp?pageB265&category=1,180,42240&ccurrency=2&SID
Renata

Comes in a small case like the flip type "drill & drive" DW2070. In fact, uses the same chuck mount 'flip' gizmo.

Looks like you are in the door business. I have probably replaced 15 or so exterior doors and have seen an adjustable screw insert for the new door jams. Do you know what I am talking about and or know where to get them?

I have seen it on pre-hung units.
It is a slick but inferior substitute for shimming and fixing, whether with proper nails or screws.
--
Doors - Locks - Weatherstripping
POB 250121 Atlanta GA 30325

I have only seen the fasteners being sold by the piece. Could we be talking about 2 different fasteners?

When I saw the fasteners being used, shims were still being used. The fastener eleminates the threads of a screw from biting into the jamb.

I'm not an expert in this area (or many others, but what does that matter?). However, in ordering from the newly arrived McFeely's catalog, I ran across something which MIGHT be what you're asking about. Check out the Promax 305 stainless steel deck screw, to see if that geometry might do the trick for you. They almost certainly have the same screw in another material.
If not, they would likely have a suggestion to fit your need.
Patriarch

The fastener that I am looking for is similar to a threaded insert that allows its inner screw to tighten or loosen as necessary with out the tightening part of the fastener actually threading into the door jamb wood. Often when using common screws the head of the screw comes in contact with the door jamb before the screw has tightened the jamb up against the shims. With the special fastener, the tightening part of the fastener can continue to adjust with out ever bottoming out against the jamb, IIRC.
Thanks for the information.