Source for infill timber

Hi.
I'm looking for a source of quality timber for an infill plane (ie thick ).
Prefer somebody who will deal with international customers for small orders.
Also reasonably seasoned timber would be good.
Any help appreciated.
Stephen.
On 17 Sep 2004 03:23:25 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Stephen) wrote:

Woodturning bowl blanks.
On 17 Sep 2004 03:23:25 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Stephen) wrote:

finding 8/4 and up tropicals is tricky. cocobolo can be had but anymore most of it is too wet to use right away. 8/4 ebony is getting scarce and you usually have to buy it in the billet form. really the best solution is to use 4/4 and glue it up. lap the wood on a flat surface and you can get a very good glueup that few will notice. or hunt around for old wood.
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
Thanks for the reply.

part of the problem is that wood is sold so fast it does not have time to dry. one reason we see less thick wood. oily tropicals need a lot of time to dry and there just is not that time between cutting and selling.
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes