Source for cabinet-hanging hardware

I'm looking for some hardware to hang a cabinet. What I need is somthing like this:

horizontal instead of vertical. That is, the plate would be attached horizontally to the cabinet, but the keyhole would still be vertical.

I've been googling around and haven't been able to come up with anything. Does anyone know of a source?

Reply-to address is real John

Reply to
John

SonomaProducts.com

the wall and the back isn't recessed to allow an inset cleat.

The keyhole bit might work but it would be an awkward cut.

(This isn't my project. A friend bought a cabinet and expected it to have a mounting plate like the one I described because a previous one he bought did, but this one didn't. So he's looking for one.)

Thanks for the suggestions.

Reply-to address is real John

Reply to
John

A French cleat should solve that problem.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

It is called a Freedom Cleat now. HTH

Reply to
FrozenNorth

What material is the back? How is it mounted to the cabinet?

Reply to
Robatoy

If the back of the cabinet is not inset and the cabinet must be flush with the wall, then a French cleat will not solve the problem unless the owner is willing to modify the cabinet.

Reply to
LD

Agreed; however, my guess is that if you picked up the cabinet and held it against the wall, there would still be some gaps since the wall and/or the cabinet back are not totally flat.

My guess this is much to do about little.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

and tyhe walls will be out of plumb and square ... :()

Reply to
LD

Some places they're called z clips.

Upscale

I wrote: > A French cleat should solve that problem.

"Upscale" wrote:

The "French Cleat", as I know it, is simply a couple of pieces of 1x3 with a 45 degree bevel cut along the long edge.

One piece is then attached to the wall, bevel pointing out, the other to the cabinet with the bevel pointing out.

Have the cabinet using the bevels interlocking one another.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

I don't know. Like I said above, this isn't my project, but a friend's. From the sound of it he was expecting the cabinet to have the sort of hardware that I described so he prepared the wall accordingly with a horizontal 2x4 into which he'd drive the screws to hang it on. When the cabinet arrived without the mounting brackets, I figured they'd be easy enough to find so I didn't ask about whether he could screw through the cabinet back and into the wall. I guess that's the next thing for him to consider.