Souce for wood kits

My stepfather (73 years young with and somewhat 'crude' woodworking abilities) thinks he would like to assemble and finish a car/truck/tractor wood model. Size somewhere between a 6 inch cube to say a 12 inch cube?

Does anyone know of any such kits, and where they might be obtained? This would apparently make a nice Xmas gift for him if I can locate and purchase same.

Thanks in advance,

Ace

Reply to
Ace

Gene T

Reply to
Gene T

Try Lee Valley

Look up car or truck for example...

have made trucks and trains... Made them from "plans" and my own=20 ideas. Bought wheels and axles from Lee Valley and the Local home=20 Hardware etc... Also have bought model stuff at Kidder.

Lee Valley was the best organized with all the hard to get parts in a=20 kit along with a plan-- you supply the "ordinary" wood...

Try Kidder as well...

did not take pictures of my models before the kids=20 "explored" them.

--=20 Will R. Jewel Boxes and Wood Art

power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those=20 who have not got it.=94 George Bernard Shaw

Reply to
WillR

Not exactly automobiles, but:

For the Ultimate in wooden auto kits see item number 6015572638 on e-bay. Seller has a couple or three of these. I think they are out of production.

You might also want to look at other vehicles such as stage coaches or wagons, for example:

and search for 'wagon'.

If you're (he's) willing to go to water or air transport, there are a Host of options. The Model Expo site also has a lot of boats and ships and one or two aircraft.

I'd sure like the Mercedes on e-bay! Let me know if you're bidding and I'll pick one of the others - :O)

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

You can find some precut kits and some partial kits at

and
No affiliation with either except I've purchased plans from both.

Ace wrote:

Reply to
PCProffitt

Just another thought here. If you can't find the kit you want, could you buy a set of plans and fabricate the parts for him? If you like him and he likes you, that might make it even more special for him to know you actively participated in the process.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

Thanks to all for responses to my inquiry. At the moment, it seems Cherrytreetoys.com has what I had in mind, and will probably order their 'horse drawn beer wagon'. May even get one for myself!

Ace

Reply to
Ace