Souce for wood kits

My stepfather (73 years young with and somewhat 'crude' woodworking abilities) thinks he would like to assemble and finish a car/truck/tractor wood model. Size somewhere between a 6 inch cube to say a 12 inch cube?
Does anyone know of any such kits, and where they might be obtained? This would apparently make a nice Xmas gift for him if I can locate and purchase same.
Thanks in advance,
Ace
Try and check Grizzly's website. I know they used to sell them. Gene

Gene T wrote:

Try Lee Valley
Look up car or truck for example... http://www.leevalley.com/wood/Search.aspx?c=2&action=n
I have made trucks and trains... Made them from "plans" and my own ideas. Bought wheels and axles from Lee Valley and the Local home Hardware etc... Also have bought model stuff at Kidder.
Lee Valley was the best organized with all the hard to get parts in a kit along with a plan-- you supply the "ordinary" wood...
Try Kidder as well... http://www.kidder.ca /
Unfortunately did not take pictures of my models before the kids "explored" them.
OOOPS, Sorry, looks like they only sell the plans and not the kits. Gene

Not exactly automobiles, but:
<http://www.hartfordpr.com/kitidx.asp?nav=4
For the Ultimate in wooden auto kits see item number 6015572638 on e-bay. Seller has a couple or three of these. I think they are out of production.
You might also want to look at other vehicles such as stage coaches or wagons, for example: http://www.modelexpoinc.com/ and search for 'wagon'.
If you're (he's) willing to go to water or air transport, there are a Host of options. The Model Expo site also has a lot of boats and ships and one or two aircraft.
I'd sure like the Mercedes on e-bay! Let me know if you're bidding and I'll pick one of the others - :O)
You can find some precut kits and some partial kits at http://www.cherrytreetoys.com and http://www.toysandjoys.com . No affiliation with either except I've purchased plans from both.
Ace wrote:

Thanks to all for responses to my inquiry. At the moment, it seems Cherrytreetoys.com has what I had in mind, and will probably order their 'horse drawn beer wagon'. May even get one for myself!
Ace

See http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page 30 <<Train kit and Go here for some other ideas >> http://www.rockler.com/CategoryView.cfm?Cat_ID 34&filter=toy%20kit

Just another thought here. If you can't find the kit you want, could you buy a set of plans and fabricate the parts for him? If you like him and he likes you, that might make it even more special for him to know you actively participated in the process.
Robert