SOme recent Projects

Had these jewel boxes put on website by a friend as a sample site.
http://woodwork.pmccl.com/Business/productsbusiness/productsbusiness.htm
still learning - but getting better.
--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek

Those are beautiful Will. You are giving me ideas on making one and seeing how I do at it.
Very nice work Will. I'm not usually much for modern/classic stuff but I really like the curly chestnut/walnut box. Is it your own design?
/e

If I had to hazard a guess, they look very much like the boxes in David M Freedman's book "Box-Making Basics".
GH
Some are from the book mentioned - all modified. Those styles of design appear in many sources. All have been modified. Some more - some less depends on what the person wanted.
Not all modifications are apparent. The chestnut/walnut box has mitered mortise and tenons - as opposed to the biscuits in the original design. I saw this design several other places after I saw it in the book - all made differently than mine or the book. Once I saw this style presented as a general design style. I used mortise and tenon cause I didn't have biscuit hole cutters - it was simpler at the time. :-)) The tenons are at the ends of the sides and front. They fit inside the legs and are mitered inside the mortise on the leg.
Since I have a limited shop - I must modify virtually every design I find - whether the end user knows it or not. :-)
Sadly I never thought at the time to get digital pictures of everything I did and assembling a library has been an exercise.
GaryH wrote:

--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek