some projects

quick list of the funnest things lately

custom spice rack with turned cross rails custom to fit certain brands and custom to fit one space oak and walnut and cedar

a sealed trash can used the vinyl coated foam core weather stripping nice heavy lid of oak and the bottom is redwood designed to work with small kitchen trash bags so i take it out more often and it uses less space custom size for a specific location

a life long keeper knife for a near and dear one

my first knife and i surprised myself with how nice it came out it took much longer than anticipated but it was worth it and learned a thing or two

i forgot the wood species i had it labeled and then left the label side to the sun but a nice brown very hard and dense wood where the grain really pops once you get up to 600 grit and more and it has a 3d look to it

the buffing wheel on the lathe made for some very shiny ground off screw heads and blade and guard as well

next projects are a simple headboard and a quick foldout clothes drier rack which i think i will do some turnings for

shop and wood and tool organizing at the bottom of list but should be at the top

Reply to
Electric Comet

...and the pictures are so nice.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

too busy making stuff

and not just posting video links

so few here ever talk about doing any woodworking themselves

carve a toothpick for crying out loud

Reply to
Electric Comet

Seriously?

Perhaps you haven't been paying attention to those of us that make stuff

*and* post pics. It's really not all that time consuming.

No, just links to sanders, Strait-O-Planers, solvespace, etc.

and those that do, post pics. Why not join us?

As requested...

One African Padauk toothpick. Carved, tested...and pictured:

DerbyDad03

Learn how to use your fu@k!ng keyboard before you go casting aspersions.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Impressive. Did you make a video of the project? A list of the tools you used? I've been wanting to make something like that and looked for a tutorial on YouTube but found nothing. My first few attempts ended up on the firewood pile, a dismal disaster.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I feel your pain. As others have suggested, SketchUp can be a great resource. Proper planning often leads to successful results.

Give me a little time to copyright the plans and I'll post a link to the SketchUp file. You'll need to click the PayPal button before you can download the file.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Absolute gorgeous display of raw talent, DD3!

Forwarded to:

Spalted Walt

but you had to have learned a thing or two

those disasters are artisanal firewood

Reply to
Electric Comet

yes sure why not

pics are fine but the point is that there is not much talk about what has been made

those straitoplaners are worth mention especially on first encounter

not as mysterious as a lumber stretcher though

padauk is allelopathic iirc so maybe not a good wood choice but the effort is noteworthy

but maybe that turns out to be natural fighter of gingivitis

maybe you struck gold

Reply to
Electric Comet

No, the point is that you are being a Dick (yes, that's a capital D)

When I mentioned pics, you said "too busy making stuff and not just posting video links".

The video link comment has nothing to do with people posting pictures of actual projects and was therefore totally irrelevant.

You continued your irrelevant comments with "so few here ever talk about doing any woodworking themselves"

Once again, that has nothing to do with you (or anyone else) posting actual pictures of their projects.

If you don't want to spend the minimal amount of time it takes to post a pic (from snap to thread takes less than a minute) that's fine, but please don't give us any lame excuse about being "too busy making stuff" and don't talk down other members of the wrec.

It's not very becoming.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

posting pics is too much time but do what you want with your time

still too little mention here of projects that is a fact

maybe it will spur some on to post more about the projects they have done

but then again there is always a likelihood of a large percentage of sock puppets here

Reply to
Electric Comet

I suggest he learn to use his keyboard first. Then he can learn about civility. Then maybe he will be prepared to make a post here. At this point, he is mainly a troll.

Reply to
Bill

Oh, he knows exactly how to use his keyboard. It's just some silly little game that he likes to play. I guess it makes him feel cool.

Trust me, I've seen much worse in terms of posting styles.

BTW...you can say whatever you want about his posting style but he won't respond. It's all part the game. In fact, I'm surprised he's responded to my chiding about posting pics as much as he as. I guess I got under his skin.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I suggest that both of you simply plonk him like I did some while back. You are feeding him.

Reply to
Leon

enough drama for getting into the movies heck maybe brodaway

red flag with those two words though

Reply to
Electric Comet