Solid wood biscuits??

Page 2 of 2

most biscuits are very dry, very compressed wood fibers, usually beech.. the theory is, when the moisture in the glue hits them, they expand.. I can buy into this easily, after my one attempt at gluing one side of a joint first, as I would do with dowels.. the biscuit didn't fit in the slot on the other piece any more..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
To the OP, by any chance are you using a Ryobi biscuit joiner?
--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland
This does sound like a mechanical problem, IMO. Also PC biscuits are CRAP.

The only problem I've noticed with them is inconsistent thickness, which is easily solved with a wastebasket. What other problems are you aware of?
--
Regards,
Thickness as you say, imperfect cuts and Loose jagged edges. Lamellos are all the same thickness and no jagged edges.

I've observed the imperfect cuts and loose jagged edges too, but haven't found them to be problems.
--
Regards,
On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 19:07:49 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@fellspt.charm.net (Lawrence Wasserman) wrote:

or a Harbor Freight special, like my first one.. rofl
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

You didn't forget the glue, did you? (kidding) But, it does sound like there was a problem with the glue or gluing technique used. BTW, normal biscuits ARE made from solid wood, usually beech, that is machine compressed so that they expand after absorbing moisture from glue or surrounding wood.
--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland