SOLID CORE DOOR BENCH PLANS

--B_3189692095_2292344 Content-type: text/plain;     charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit
Does anyone know of plans available on the internet to build a bench using a solid core door as a bench top? Thank You in advance, Joe Shea snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net 1/27/2005 17:34 EST
--B_3189692095_2292344 Content-type: text/html;     charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding
<HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE>SOLID CORE DOOR BENCH PLANS</TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <FONT FACE="Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><SPAN STYLE='font-size:12.0px'>Does anyone know of plans available on the internet to build a bench using a solid core door as a bench top?<BR> Thank You in advance,<BR> Joe Shea<BR> snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net<BR> 1/27/2005<BR> 17:34 EST<BR> <BR> </SPAN></FONT> </BODY> </HTML>
--B_3189692095_2292344--

Please turn off the HTML.
I built mine without plans...
<http://www.balderstone.ca/workbench/
But then, I build pretty much everything without plans...
Dave, is that tongue and groove flooring on the top? I tried looking for specifics on your web site but got scared off. }:^)

Yes, it's maple T&G. I broke the glaze on the door with 80 grit paper (I recommend an unfinished door if you have a choice) then both glued and toe-nailed the T&G.
On pic 4 <http://www.balderstone.ca/workbench/pages/page_4.html you can see the board nailed to the edge of the door that I used to fit the T&G against. I used 2" finishing nails angled through the top corner of the tongue.

One of these days I'll get around to doing a proper index.
djb

I want to know what the h*ll all those handsaws are doing on the wall!
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
Dave Balderstone wrote:

When are you starting on Nick's bench? Joe
After I finish SWMBO's coffee table... (running joke here)
djb
Joseph E. Shea, Jr. wrote:

Here's a really nice one:
http://store.yahoo.com/plansnow/wwrkbnch.html
The above is a pay plan. It also appeared in Woodsmith long about 1995. You might be able to find a back copy.
If you can't, let me know and I'll dig mine out for you.
I made one of these benches a few years back.
Very sturdy. Very inexpensive.
Steve

Kindly post in text, not html. Here's just one site I turned up with a simple google search...
http://www.plansnowinprint.com/shopfurn.html
Google can be your friend...
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
SOLID CORE DOOR BENCH PLANS

a solid core door as a bench top?
It's called the Weekend Workbench. http://www.woodsmithstore.com/weekendwkbench.html
I did it/have it. It's OK to get you started.