Small Comp Query - Spraying

Anyone using one of the smaller available pancake (or other) air compressors for paint/finish spraying of smaller woodworking and metal projects? I'm wondering the benefit of getting something like this or would it simply introduce it's own problems in use (ex. a requirement for intermittent use rather than continual spraying on larger projects, inconsistent spray velocity requiring continual adjustments, etc.). I was going to pick up either a small, oil-free Camp Hausfield or Excell compressor but began wondering of a slight step up to accomodate this desire for spraying. thanks
--
Monroe

Take a look at the sprayers you want to use. Most, if not all, will have a SCFM rating on them. Buy a compressor that meets or exceeds that rating. It's often a good idea to spend $20 more on something that is more than you need *now* because you may need it *later.*
Puckdropper
--
www.uncreativelabs.net

The 1.5HP Sears, old, compressor I fell heir to when a neighbor died works well for small jobs with a touchup gun I got from Jeff at www.homesteadfinishing.com for about $100.00 and the critter siphon gun for $39.95. I use mostly waterbased stuff but have sprayed shellac with no problems. Have sprayed Floetrol thinned latex with the critter but not furniture stuff. Have sprayed furinture with latex only to have it distressed and topcoated with WB Varathane sprayed of course.