Small Comp Query - Spraying

Anyone using one of the smaller available pancake (or other) air compressors for paint/finish spraying of smaller woodworking and metal projects? I'm wondering the benefit of getting something like this or would it simply introduce it's own problems in use (ex. a requirement for intermittent use rather than continual spraying on larger projects, inconsistent spray velocity requiring continual adjustments, etc.). I was going to pick up either a small, oil-free Camp Hausfield or Excell compressor but began wondering of a slight step up to accomodate this desire for spraying. thanks

Reply to
Monroe

Monroe wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Take a look at the sprayers you want to use. Most, if not all, will have a SCFM rating on them. Buy a compressor that meets or exceeds that rating. It's often a good idea to spend $20 more on something that is more than you need *now* because you may need it *later.*

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Reply to