Slightly OT and in RE Inner Peace

Decided to spend a couple of hours this evening, working on a box I've been puddling around with. The box joints had been glued up for about

48 hours, so all was safe, I hoped.

15 minutes setting up the gar... uh shop. Grab crosscut sled (love it!) and sqaure the partially finished top. Grab flame maple strips (some call it fiddle back) and set up framing for top. Glue size end grain edges. Wait 5 while setting up clamps, gluing girders (love them too). Edge glue framing, clamp tight (but not too).

Decide to sand residual glue off inside corners of box while waiting for top to set up. 360 grit on a small stub of MDF and work the inside corners clean. Dental pick gets last itty biity bits.

All the while thinking of my Dad, lo' these many years ago.

"What ever you do, do it as well as you can, so the mistakes are not yours, just lack of knowledge or training or experience.".

Something about the swish of fine sandpaper on curly balck walnut makes one pensive.

"getting shut of doing things rather more or less"

The Bard of Empire, the Soldier's Laureate

Reply to
Tom Banes

C & M