Sliding cabinet doors advice?

I'm getting ready to build a tansu type cabinet with some sliding doors. You can see an example of something similar at
http://www.berkeleymills.com/detail_image.cfm?RefId=Mizuya2&RefType=jpg
I'll probably use red oak for most of the work. Any advice on the sliding door construction? I think I'd like to avoid using hardware if possible... Thanks, Denny