Simple drawer glides - is this a bad design?

Page 3 of 4
On Tue, 27 May 2014 17:31:54 -0700 (PDT), Michael

It certainly wouldn't have been a lot of money for my Eagle Vision TSi. What a PITA! The plug wires were threaded under the intake manifold. The book time was 3-1/2 hours. I got so I could do replace them in 45min[*]. Good profit item.
[*] After the third or fourth time, I found out why the kept blowing out. The gap was misprinted on the plate in the engine compartment. It specified .065" instead of .035". Opps. The car required MoPar wires, too. The after-market wires didn't fit.

Astute observation.

From 1984 to 2010, NUMMI (New United Motors Manufacturing Inc., a joint venture between Toyota and GM) built Nova's, Prizm's, Hilux, Voltz (a version of the Pontiac Vibe), Tacomas, and the Corolla in California. GM pulled out when it went bankrupt in 2009 and Toyota closed the plant the next year.
The plant is now cranking out Tesla Model S.
On Wed, 28 May 2014 23:43:43 +0000 (UTC), snipped-for-privacy@rahul.net (Edward A. Falk) wrote:

That's better but I'd still make them significantly wider than you show.

I think you'll be happier with either Birch or Oak ply. Both are available at the Borg for not that much more than sanded ply. The veneer is exceedingly thin, so watch the sanding.
Morgans;3241088 Wrote: > "Leon" lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote

> avoid

> or

> bending

> that.

> protection is active.

> anti-malware' (http://www.avast.com )
Thanx for the timely advice buddy!!
--
Waterloo Structures

On Sat, 31 May 2014 18:55:49 +0000 (UTC), snipped-for-privacy@rahul.net (Edward A. Falk) wrote:

Listen to her. As long as you're going that far, I'd add full-extension slides on the requirements lest. Add soft-closing under-mount to the pile and SWMBO will be very happy indeed.

PMBI from a newbie, but how did you do those drawings? Is it simply MS Paint, or is there a program that specially does projects like this?

Google "SketchUp"
--

dadiOH
____________________________
dadiOH wrote:

Google sold it to Trimble. Here is a download link: http://www.sketchup.com/
On 7/5/2014 2:44 PM, Bill wrote:

I think he was indicating to Google "Sketchup". ;~)

I'm still running version 8. Has Trimble kept the software pretty much the same, or gone and made big (negative) changes?
Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

On 7/5/2014 8:26 PM, Puckdropper wrote:

Most changes by Trimble have been 'under-the-hood' and barely noticeable as far as 3D modeling/drawing capability from previous versions.
I have noticed an increased sensitivity to axis/plane issues, especially with imported files (.dwg) that may contain "Layer" information in the imported file.
But that is not necessarily a bad thing once you realize that this is due to an increased, more faithful reproduction of the imported original into SketchUp, and that "layers" are handled differently in CAD vs 3D modeling.
What you make on the bananas, you lose on the grapes...
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
Puckdropper wrote:

I'm still running version 8 too (fear of upgrading). And I've backed up the installation file.

On 7/5/2014 8:26 PM, Puckdropper wrote:

Pretty much the same however there are a couple of extra icons, the one that comes to mind is the arc icon/pie icon. Plugins are now handled differently and some of the older non approved plugins no longer work. I have not had too much of an issue with that as there are still a load to choose from if the one you had no longer works.
Thanks everyone. Sketchup Make is the free version. Is sketchup v8 better? Would there be advantages to move over to v8? (if possible)

On 7/7/2014 6:52 PM, Pringles CheezUms wrote:

Better than v5, v6, v7? Most likely. But Sketchup 8 is also free if it is still available.
Better than v2013 or v2104, not from my experience.
FWIW Sketchup Make is simply the new name for the free version. Sketchup has had a free version since IIRC V4. Unless you are a pro there is no reason to move to the "pro" version.

Don't fear upgrading, the install for later versions are separate. You can have multiple versions installed on your computer. Just be aware that any drawings that are made from an earlier version and opened/modified under a later version should be saved with a unique name. Older files saved under later versions will no longer be able to be opened with an earlier version.
On 7/8/2014 7:48 AM, Leon wrote:

One of the biggest negatives is the $$$ cost for using sketchup professionally. Much more dollars than expected.
I know, they are in business to make money. But I was shocked at the new license agreement.
--
Jeff

I actually thought it was pretty reasonable, but then again I was using AutoCAD LT until about 6 years ago. That program got ridiculous in price even it you renewed as often as they wanted. AND it is only 2D. Upgrading that program is about 7 times the expense of up grading SU Pro each year and initially about twice the expense to initially purchase.
On 5/26/2014 11:48 AM, Edward A. Falk wrote:

IMHO it works. Just use heavy wax coating. OR, use the nylon type glides that they sell that you staple in, on the front end. That lets the drawer slide well and that wears over time and is the sacrificial piece.. LONG TIME.
--
Jeff