Silkscreening Paper/wood

Anyone know anything about where I would go to have small silkscreens made. Everyone I call in the yellow pages do silkscreen printing but no one seems to know where i can have screens made. Thanks in advance. Hugh/ohio

Reply to
Hugh Comstock

Inquire at your local custom Tee Shirt shop, If they don't make their own, They will have the phone number of someplace local.

Reply to
Chipper Wood

If you're using a single color it's not difficult to make your own. Here's a link to a web site that describes the process:

Novak Buffalo, NY - USA (Remove "SPAM" from email address to reply)

Reply to
Nova

It's very, very easy to make your own screens. I haven't done it since I was in high school, but...

It's just a frame with a groove running around it, you stretch the screen and attach using a bead string (like putting a screen on a door).

A quick google search turns up a ton of links...

Here's an online source for everything you need...

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

A good art supply store will likely have them.

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

We did it in a high-school photography class, wasn't tough at all. It's something you should be able to do yourself without difficulty. Maybe Edmunds scientific would have something of a kit?

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

I bought a kit at the local art supply house in San Antonio. It comes with everything you need to start out. You will need a way to make transparencies. If you have a laser printer you can buy transparency material at the office supply. I know a little about the process. I own a printing company (not screen printing) and have done a few shirts and such. I'd be happy to help with technical stuff if you get lost once you find the kits.

Reply to
Dennis W. Ewing Sr.