Silkscreening Paper/wood

Anyone know anything about where I would go to have small silkscreens made. Everyone I call in the yellow pages do silkscreen printing but no one seems to know where i can have screens made. Thanks in advance. Hugh/ohio
Inquire at your local custom Tee Shirt shop, If they don't make their own, They will have the phone number of someplace local.
--
Chipper Wood

useours, yours won't work

A good art supply store will likely have them.
djb
--
Was that last sig line lame or what?

Hugh Comstock wrote:

If you're using a single color it's not difficult to make your own. Here's a link to a web site that describes the process:
http://www.desiredcreations.com/howTo_PJPhotoEZ2.htm

It's very, very easy to make your own screens. I haven't done it since I was in high school, but...
It's just a frame with a groove running around it, you stretch the screen and attach using a bead string (like putting a screen on a door).
A quick google search turns up a ton of links...
Here's an online source for everything you need... <http://www.reuels.com/reuels/page450.html
djb
--
Was that last sig line lame or what?

We did it in a high-school photography class, wasn't tough at all. It's something you should be able to do yourself without difficulty. Maybe Edmunds scientific would have something of a kit?
Dave Hinz
I bought a kit at the local art supply house in San Antonio. It comes with everything you need to start out. You will need a way to make transparencies. If you have a laser printer you can buy transparency material at the office supply. I know a little about the process. I own a printing company (not screen printing) and have done a few shirts and such. I'd be happy to help with technical stuff if you get lost once you find the kits.
--
Dennis W. Ewing Sr
210/653-1276