Shop shoes for sore feet?

Page 2 of 2

I once suffered the same problem. I worked as a machinist and had just bought a new pair of pricey running shoes. The first day I wore them to work was sheer torture, foot muscles hurting in every direction. I realized these shoes were too soft and while providing a nice soft footbed to reduce impact during running, they provided almost no support while standing. I went back to my old steel toe oxfords with the Doc Martin style thick rubber sole. Whatta relief!
Lotta options on the web. Google for shoes standing:
http://www.standingcomfort.com/default.aspx?page=sc_detail&pid 5
nb

Hardly footwear, but I've fitted Flotex carpet http://www.flotex.co.uk/pages/home /.
For a mostly hand-tool workshop it is expensive, but worth every penny. Shavings sweep up without much difficulty though I have to be careful about glue drips.
Jeff
--
Jeff Gorman, West Yorkshire, UK
email : Username is amgron

Mine, too. I got those 2x2 inter-locking rubber mat sections from Big Lots & HFT when on sale for $2 per 2x2 section or < .50/ft.
You can also look at Stall Mats from Tractor Supply (or similar farm products outlets) but they are much pricier and thicker and heavier.
I made the inter-locking mats into a "runner" of sorts that provided a soft spot at every tool I was likely to find myself standing at/near for any length of time.
I'm 63+ and have bad foot and no orthopedics.
G Mulcaster wrote:

socks in winter, w/0 in summer. Also I have a plywood pad at the table saw and lathe where I spend a lot of time. My wife gave me some of those jigsaw puzzle pads and I stapled them to the plywood, as they try to creep around.
--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

Regards, Gary