Shop progress... SNAFU & being covered with LAME SAUCE

Folks -

Ho! Ho! Today, Tyvek and hanging three windows.... SO simple because I

*know* I did everything right.... la...deee....dah... Heck... I need to make some drip rail, might as well move the jointer and tablesaw out to the new space since hanging those windows could only take a short time.... Probably won't even finish the second cup of coffee before it's ALL DONE! Certainly! TODAY, Saturday.... this'll be the easiest day of working on things in more than a week.

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Measure twice, cut once, isn't that the mantra? I thought I had three(3) SQUARE (ie same dimension, vertical & horizontal) windows 35 and 1/4 inches. Can anyone tell me WHY the hell, today, now, I discovered that I've framed and rough cut out THREE (3) openings 38" tall by 43 1/2 wide? It gets worse.

I only have TWO (2) windows 35 1/4 square. I *thought* I had three (3), I was SURE I had THREE (3).... Heck, I didn't even check when ROSE, my LOVING WIFE said "Are you sure you checked ALL of the window dimensions?" Why? Because I *KNEW* that I had THREE (3) 35 1/4" SQUARE windows, so, you see, I didn't NEED too... Even though I *KNOW* that when the wife asks a retorical question with that leeeeedle....are you sure.....sound in her voice.... I darn sure better check... why..... because.... SHE'SUSUALLYRIGHT!

So... I have TWO (2) 35 1/4" SQUARE windows. I don't have any, none, zip, nada, ZERO, (0) windows that measure anything REMOTELY close to 38 by 43

1/2. Do I *KNOW* why the hell I framed out THREE openings with enough lumber to distrupt the timber futures market? No. Did I do a good job framing those openings - yes! Heck, I've got nails, construction adhiesive and headers longer than an aircraft carrier up there...

I *DO* have one (1) window 24x48". I *DO* have TWO (2) (not three [3], if you're wondering) windows that are 35 1/4" SQUARE. I do have TWO (2) windows 24" wide and 40" tall. But, I *DO*NOT* (repeat) DO NOT have ANY windows at all that measure 38" x 43 1/2". NONE of the windows I have will fit the openings that I created without.... more work...

So, I am looking at a deficit of ONE 35 1/4 square window and a surplus of one 38" x 43 1/2" hole. If any of y'all need some space of 2 3/4"x 43 1/2" and 8 1/4" by 38" and you have ONE window, 35 1/4" SQUARE... Let's talk.

Of course, I should probably let you talk to my wife and you would probably be better off measuring the damn openings yourself.

Hrrumph.

John Moorhead

Reply to
John Moorhead

Hey John,

No problem, when Rose comes to Libby to help me build my new shop just send the 38" x 43 1/2" holes with her. I'll buy windows to fit. See, not a problem.

Al

Reply to
Al in WA soon MT

I could sure use that space but not the window.

You sure tell a funny (from here) story tho. In the words of a former president "I feel your pain".

The other day, I was cutting some solid oak crown - only had 8 ft left

- about a foot more than I needed. Near the end of my "shop" day (when all bad things happen), but I just needed that one cut.

Sure enough, after measuring twice times twice, checking all marks etc, etc, thought about it again before "dropping the hammer". Damn! I stuck it in the MS upside down (i.e. right side up if you know what I mean)

Most bad/stupid things happen near the end of the day.

Lou

Reply to
loutent
[serious snippage]