Several free educational articles added to my website...

Hello to the group,

I recently built a website (URL below in signature area) and have been adding several articles to the library section that some of you maybe interested in... Although the articles are turning oriented, the finishing articles contain universal information about the topic that are applicable for traditional woodworking as well. Currently the library contains articles on:

Basic Procedures for Turning Green Wood Bowls

How to Use the Kelton Centre Saver System

"Fluid Texturing" with the Arbortech Mini-Grinder

Pen Turning with Alternative Materials

Wax Finish Roundup

Oil Finish Roundup

Boiling Green Wood to Reduce Drying Degrade

Tips for Better Boiling

Bandsaw Blade Resharpening

Cyanoacrylates, a.k.a. Super Glues: A Technical Discussion

Reducing Checking in Green Wood with Wax Emulsion Sealers

Creating High Gloss Finishes on Plastic and Stabilized Pen Blanks

Creating Unique Decorative Surfaces

Selecting Turning Tools and Sharpening

If you visit my website, simply click on the Library button and all of the articles are linked from that page. We will be adding more articles constantly, with an initial goal of 100 articles in the near future. It takes a bit of time to do the HTML coding and to set up the pages, so the articles are in text format currently. We will be adding pictures very soon, so check back.

Several of the articles are technical in nature, but most are an easy read. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Take care and best wishes to all of you for a safe and happy holiday season!

Reply to
Steve Russell