Sentences -doing time in Jail.

I was reading the other day that someone had been sentenced to some total time in the region of 2000 years in concurrent sentences.
If occurred to me what a waste. I was musing that instead of sentencing people to years in jail why not to a number of Chippendale chairs hand sanded . Instead of 5 years, 5000 chippendale chairs hand sanded to say 220 grit.
This solution in my mind would end up with far more productive chairmakers and fare fewer residing in insane asylums ...just a thought.....
-- mike hide
Mike Hide wrote:

How would they get early paroles, say at 80 or 120 grit? ;-)
Not until their fingers were worn down to nubs. Then give them time off for the nubs to grow back and they can start over.
Incidentally my brothers name is Saddam
-- mike hide

Because there are laws against cruel and unusual punishment. :)

Sorry Mike, but that would be considered cruel and unusual punishment. But I like the idea!
Frank
They could easily breathe too much dust... Tom >Sorry Mike, but that would be considered cruel and unusual punishment. But

Someday, it'll all be over....
I've heard they do this in China. We call it slave labor, but personally I had rather be working than sitting around watching TV for 2000 years. Especially woodworking.
Mike Hide wrote:

--

Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA