Seattle drawer question(s)

Forgive the odd subject line.
I plan to make a kitchen cart and need some drawers. I plan to use wood and welded mild and stainless steel construction.
Three possibilities for drawers are:
1) buy some drawers from Rockler or equivalent 2) barter some one near Seattle to make some drawers 3) aquire a couple new tools and do it myself
The drawers in my initial sketch are 24"w x 16"d x 6"h & 34x16x6. I would like a nice front, but the rest can be sturdy plywood.
1) Is a boring prospect.
2) I would be willing to trade cash or metal fab to some one local for a few nice drawers. Quality joinery would be the key thing here. I'm looking for durable drawers, but other than a hardwood face, nothing fancy materials-wise.
3) I've been looking for an excuse to expand the usefulness of my plunge router. Not being a woodworking guy, I've got some questions:
If I picked up a Leigh dovetail jig, is it expected that I've already got a router table? Any recommendations? I've been looking at the Lee Valley one.
For drawer slides, I was looking at Accuride 3832 self-closing. Are there issues using these for a wide drawer like 34x16x6 or should I not worry about it ? Do wide drawers need lateral file slides?
I probably have more questions, but I'd like to know if some one local can do the work and how much it would cost vs buying equipment. For metal fab barter I can show examples of my work. Barter or cash, I would need to see examples of yours.
Adding a few bits of equipment is good too as I've got some other projects coming up for SWMBO...
Thanks.
Jeff Dantzler email dantzler at d r i z z l e dot com
Visit wwhardware.com and see what you can glean from their slide descriptions.
On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 03:54:38 -0000, Jeff Dantzler