Sears/Craftsman $39.99 Laser alignment tool opinion

I was looking at it the other day at the store. It is used for plumbing and aligning things up etc.. Have any of you used this and what's your opinion of it? Thanks

and
Don't buy it. They are not bright enough to be seen outside. They do not send a single beam around to the different locations, they split one beam, which makes it too faint to see, even inside with the lights on, even from only 25 feet or so.
--
Jim in NC

Great . a litle dim in direct sunlight. use whitre paper to get it to show up better. WONDERFUL for under-the-house projects.

Picked one up last week. Its a great value because it includes the set up bases that allow it to be leveled very easily. Both a tripod socket and a wall mount base. I tried it in my 14 by 22' shop (strong window light) and it was easy to see the level line everywhere. It takes a bit to get it leveled but so does every other level for me, except a water tube level. I haven't tried it in bright sunlight as its been raining forever around here, but they also included some "laser glasses". Its range is about 30 feet so its a home and shop level not a surveyor's instrument.
Howard
accuracy = +/- 1/4" in 30'. While I think it's a good deal for $40 (or whatever it is), a water level is cheaper and more accurate and I don't mind it sitting in a box to be used twice a year..
Good luck Rob

and
pixelated:

There's a laser level on sale at Harbor Fright for $9.99 through Sept 8th. #3762 picture hanger level
-- Friends Don't Let Friends Eat Turkey and Drive -- http://diversify.com Website Programming and Development