Search First

While doing topic searches on the group I have discovered that I have been asking questions that have already been answered many times. Today I did a search on king size beds (seems most plans are for queen) and received a flood of information. Just thought I would pass this on; from now on I will search first and then ask for new insight and opinions.

When you search you get the answer right away too instead of waiting for responses.

Reply to
gregj

Hey, I just read through your old posts - you never told us how things worked on the 6" JET Jointer.

Reply to
D Steck

The guy sold it for fifty bucks more to someone who showed up before i could get there. Guess I dont blame him but still think he should have called me first as we had an agreement. I have learned to live with it now but you are opening old wounds!

Reply to
gregj

I'm not sure how to search the group for past posts. I know I'm a dumb ass so no need to tell me so. I have webtv and it has limitations so maybe i can't do a search. Instructions will be appreciated.

thanks jack da

Reply to
Jack Gray

Jack you should be able to see a place to type in text near the top left of the screen when you first log into the group. There is a button to click (it says Search This Group ) to search for the text you have entered.

Reply to
gregj

Ops, I mean your other left.

Reply to
gregj

You can search all Usenet via google groups, on set of search strings you build. groups.google.com.

The exact specifics you see on-screen depend on what you're using to access/view.

TTFN, J

Reply to
barry

George Shouse

Fri, Aug 26, 2005, 11:16am (EDT-1) snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Jack=A0Gray) did proclaim: I'm not sure how to search the group for past posts. I know I'm a dumb ass so no need to tell me so. I have webtv and it has limitations so maybe i can't do a search. Instructions will be appreciated.

I was just checking on a previous post of mine, and ran across this thread.

Don't pay attention to the other guys. They obviously aren't familiar with WebTV. You want to search the group for past posts, you go thru and read the posts you're interested in. However, if you want to look for post that have already vanished, you want the archives. Here's the link.

's supposed to automatically say rec.woodworking, but someone probably "improved" something, so you're gonna have to type in rec.wooworking for the group you want. Or, whatever group you want. Then type in the author, or subject, or keywords. No prob. You want a couple of free plans, check for JOAT. You'll run across a dozen free plans, at least.

Actually, WebTV isn't as limited as most people think. It has word processing sites (only useful if you have a printer), can send and receive e-mail, and surf. That's all most people use computers for. I've got a printer, links saved for writing PDF, and finding new stuff I'm interested in all the time. Works for me.

JOAT The grass on the other side of the fence is seldom greener. It just gets more media attention.

Reply to
J T