scroll saw restoration project.

Hi, I am new to your group. I am working on restoring a Companion scrollsaw. I have clean up the parts and lubed it up. The upper blade chuck slides if I push down on it but when I clamp a blade into both clamps and turn it on only the lower slide works and the blade bends in and out as the saw is turned on. How do I get the upper chuck to work with the lower? Are there any places to get manuals on old tools? This tool was in a old shed on the property I bought and I really want to get her up and running. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks so much. Pam

Try http://www.owwm.com If you can't find anything in the archives, float the question in the discussion group.