scroll saw recommendation

Would like some recommendations for a scroll saw. Will be used only occasionally when needed. So will not see any heavy use. Would perfer a model that does NOT use the pin type of blades.
Paul T.
--
The only dumb question, is the one not asked

PHT wrote:

DW788 new or used great saw: easy to change plane end blades etc...

I second the DeWalt. I have one and love it. I got mine used for $250 and it works great. `Casper

I found scroll saws to have a wide range of prices with the upper ones well over $1000. What range are you looking?
On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 08:47:15 -0400, Phisherman wrote:

Since it will be used only occasionally, something under say $300.00.
Paul T.
--
The only dumb question, is the one not asked

Ran across this:
http://www.popularmechanics.com/home_journal/workshop/1274521.html
nb
snipped-for-privacy@bb.nothome.com wrote:

Excellent resource - the comments on saws not evaluated for the article are a treasure-trove.
Thanks.

I use a delta shopmaster, and I'm very happy with it - ~200$ with stand - they make 2 - you want the better one - I forget the model #.
P.S> use PGT blades
shelly

What's the reason for not wanting the pin end blades? In my experience, the pin-less blades tends to pop out of the clamp when under a heavy load.
On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 19:56:59 -0700, Mike wrote:

Don't remember where, but read someplace that you could use smaller blades with pin-less thus cut sharper corners.
Paul T.
--
The only dumb question, is the one not asked