Score!

I saw an ad in Craigslist for a free Shopsmith. No phone and about 40 miles away. When I got there, I found out why no phone number was listed.
The Shopsmith (older than the joke about the rabbi, the priest, and the minister meeting at a bar) was didn't work. "The motor gave out," said the owner. "A new one is about $600 and several motor rebuilding places I called said it can't be rewound or repaired."
Oh well, I thought. Loaded it up anyway and brought it home.
Anyway, inspection revealed ... wait for it now ... a wire had come loose from the switch.
With the wire re-attached, the sucker seems to function properly! I've got some more cleaning and lubricating to do, but things look promising. Very promising indeed.
You know, that Craiglist thingy is more fun than Ebay.
On 8/26/2009 8:57 PM HeyBub spake thus:

Let me be the first to say you truly, truly suck.

David Nebenzahl wrote:

OK, you were first but I said it louder...
HEYBUB, YOU *SUCK*!!!
--

dadiOH

Ya gotta love those! Cangrats.