Sandpaper storage

Page 2 of 2
"Steve Turner" wrote:

-------------------------------- Must have missed this one.
"Keith Nuttle" wrote:

1) File folders in a cardboard box.
2) Drawer in a filing cabinet.
Lew
On 2/7/2010 10:02 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

Actually Lew I did see that and I almost stopped at your post and gave you the gold star, but there were 20 others left to read and by the time I made it to the end I'd forgotten about ya. :-)
--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.
"Steve Turner" wrote:

-------------------------------- That works..................... ................... ............... This time<G>.
Lew

A nice hardware store 3M sandpaper rack I picked up 20 years ago at an out of business sale. All metal and comes with built-in pegboard hangers.
scott
Bought a plastic case that would hold 10 - 15 file folders. Labeled a folder with the grit number. Done. Then added folders as I needed additional grits.
Also included folder to hold tack cloth both used and unused.
Keith Nuttle wrote:

I've got them all stacked in increasing fineness order on part of a single shelf in one of my cabinets. Partially used sheets are on top of the stack. It's worked for years and since most of my finishing prep now consists of planes and scrapers, the sandpaper doesn't get much use.

Rob Leatham
On Sun, 07 Feb 2010 08:57:54 -0500, Keith Nuttle

How about all over the blasted shop so I can play "what grit is that?" and "where are those H&L disks?" whenever I want to sand something?
Tim Douglass
http://www.DouglassClan.com