sandpaper tip

I saw this in some magazine years ago. To use a piece of sandpaper for sanding by hand, first fold a sheet into 1/4 sheet size (where the folds form a big +). Rip one of the folds to the center. This allows it to be refolded in a way so that a sanded side is always against the back of the sandpaper and not sand to sand, which wears it out pronto doing nothing. Sam

Reply to
Sam

That is a handy tip. Even though many here already knew this one, I am sure there were some who hadn't heard of it.

I never hurts to post these helpful hints.

Thanks for that.

Robatoy

Good Tip!!!

Had to try this a few times with a piece of paper - must be late. Anyway, I always tear the sheet into 4 pieces at the git-go, because I find that if I don't, I'm too lazy to replace the piece I'm using when sanding! If a fresh sheet is already torn, I'm more likely to use it when needed.

But I hate to toss used sandpaper, always want to use it fully! Save for ther next time, assume used 120 grit garnet becomes sharp 220 grit! Then I can use that 220 later to replace some 320! Sure...

Sam wrote:

Reply to
rich

Hey Robatoy, I should be receiving my new 22-780X Delta planer this week. I bought locally for $60 more than Amazon's best "delivered and set on the ground" price plus it will be assembled. Thanks for your input earlier.

Reply to
Leon

From hogging to a delicate whisper all in one box. You'll be pleased. Mine didn't have the roller extensions, I had to make my own. They will come in handy when you're pushing those railroad ties through. *S*

This planer is the last stop on the way to a 20" General.

Oh... and just for good measure: you suck. *S*

Reply to
Robatoy