Sandpaper storage

Page 1 of 2
A simple question: How do you store your sandpaper in your workshop.
Drawers? bins? lay where ever there is a flat space?

Drawer in the original package. Never saw the need for an exotic "solution"

In a cupboard in the original dispenser cardboard boxes that 50 packs are sold in.
Keith Nuttle wrote:

I made a "container"...maybe 15" high, 1/4" ply or hardboard shelves every inch or so. Shelf width is slightly wider than sandpaper, depth is about 1/2" less so paper overhangs a bit. Each shelf has a different grit or type. The "container" is in a cabinet.
--

dadiOH
____________________________

I just posted a photo of the one I did long ago. They sound about the same. It was a great way to use up scraps and got a LOT of use.
--
Nonny

Nonny

Sounds a lot like our current president... ;)

Currently "piled" in a small cabinet that supports my oscillating spindle sander. I am planning to build a rack on the will accept sheets, spindle sleeves and belts. Been planning that rack for a few years - otta be good when it happens :^}
RonB

or "...on the wall to accept..."
On Sun, 07 Feb 2010 08:57:54 -0500, Keith Nuttle

I stack mine on a metal shelf with a thick piece of MDF on top to minimize curling.
-Zz
I use a drawer.

Old accordion file.
http://images.manufactum.de/manufactum/grossbild/36979_1.jpg
On 2/7/2010 11:48 AM, Neil Brooks wrote:

I like the accordion file idea. Do you then keep it in a drawer or on a bookshelf?
I wonder if you could someway attach it to a pegboard, so that when you wanted it it would sort of fall open?

It's on the lower shelf of my workbench.
If I were just a *wee bit* more anal, I'd have it filed by grit.
But ... it'd be pretty easy to attach to pegboard, even if you had to reinforce the back panel, and add some sort of cleat to secure it properly.
"Keith Nuttle" wrote:

1) File folders in a cardboard box.
2) Drawer in a filing cabinet.
Lew

For 30 years in the original packaging.
On 2/7/10 7:57 AM, Keith Nuttle wrote:

I found some plastic paper tray drawers at a thrift store and they work very nicely. Six trays, 3x3, and they seem to have tabs for stacking another set on top.
Office supply or thrift stores.
--

-MIKE-

Look up "file caddy" on Google. Lots of choices. I use one a bit like this: <(Amazon.com product link shortened)01874MMQ>
--
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

I just put it down and it lays there thanks to gravity. That's how I store it.
Oh WHERE do I store it? Well, the stuff for the mouse is sharing space in the router bits drawer, the 5" disk sander paper is in the drawers below the sander, and the sheets are in a bin next to a half sheet sander.
Puckdropper

top of a mechanic's red steel tool cabinet where the top opens. Usually in its original packaging.
On 2/7/2010 7:57 AM, Keith Nuttle wrote:

It never ceases to amaze me how many different ways people answer this question, and they're always wrong. The answer is simple; a filing cabinet with hanging file folders, and a separate folder for each grit. Duh. :-)