Sandpaper storage

Actually Lew I did see that and I almost stopped at your post and gave you the gold star, but there were 20 others left to read and by the time I made it to the end I'd forgotten about ya. :-)

Reply to
Steve Turner

-------------------------------- That works..................... ................... ............... This time.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

"Nonny" writes: Nonny

Sounds a lot like our current president... ;)

Reply to
blueman

A nice hardware store 3M sandpaper rack I picked up

20 years ago at an out of business sale. All metal and comes with built-in pegboard hangers.

scott

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

Bought a plastic case that would hold 10 - 15 file folders. Labeled a folder with the grit number. Done. Then added folders as I needed additional grits.

Also > A simple question: How do you store your sandpaper in your workshop. >

Reply to
Marty

How about all over the blasted shop so I can play "what grit is that?" and "where are those H&L disks?" whenever I want to sand something?

Tim Douglass

Tim Douglass

I've got them all stacked in increasing fineness order on part of a single shelf in one of my cabinets. Partially used sheets are on top of the stack. It's worked for years and since most of my finishing prep now consists of planes and scrapers, the sandpaper doesn't get much use.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita